Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101
Correct me if I'm wrong but was the manager still scanning the racist customer's items while the 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 was pushing and shoving?? Why didn't they just tell him to leave?
|
He was. Idiot manager. I spent years in retail management (90s, Vancouver region), and there were a couple of times I physically removed verbally-abusive (racist/sexist) customers that did not take the hint to "get the 🞵🞵🞵🞵 out of my store" (that was after a long series of increasingly threatening warnings to leave the store immediately. No video-enabled cellphones back then.
Back in the late eighties, as a manager at McShitties, we had numerous instances of customers freaking out and throwing things (mostly food) at employees. I recall throwing some guy through the door. Those were the days...
I am not advocating for violent responses, which can escalate a bad situation into an even worse one. Managers had much more discretion for taking steps back then, and well, it wasn't uncommon to manhandle unruly/abusive customers.
Retail employees already put up with a lot of 🞵🞵🞵🞵. I have always had a very low tolerance for racism/sexism.