Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
That's all well and good, but that's a far cry from the comment that initially launched us on this tangent:
What constitutes "quite easy" is obviously a relative concept, but I doubt many people would consider the ingredients that go into becoming an above-average earning engineer as a "quite easy" career path.
|
Perhaps "quite easy" isn't what you tell the general populace, but it is what I tell my children or friends.
Other comparables: Getting strong and fit is easy. Just eat right, do some research, pick the right exercises or training strategy, and don't stop. Quitters will come up up with a myriad of reasons to defy that strategy, but that's really all there's to it. Or having a nice yard. take care of it, give it nutrients, get in the dirt and plant some nice 🞵🞵🞵🞵.
Or marriage... I once heard "Marriage is easy, you just have to work on it all the time. Put in work, and IT works". Obvious caveats being the spouse could be a psychopath. Basically, what stops any of these things is us simply caving into our "I don't wanna..." reflexes.
Whether engineering, fitness, landscaping or marriage, the formula is easy. Some of the tasks are labourious, but not necessarily difficult when pursued regularly. Maybe I'm being annoying on this, I'm just a " do some work, get it done" type on these matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS
I decided today, after finding the project's account on Instagram, to inquire on this project and if it'll truly happen. Keep in mind, I'm an optimist....even with how this thread has meandered. These are two photos off my phone from the little conversation I had with a PR person or whoever manages the account of this project. I'm not going to try and say anything with bias about the following photos.....
This account is purely marketing for this project by the way, and I have found no comment like mine about the credibility of this project. All other comments are simple, fairly inane, or just something like a fire symbol or a quip of phrase.
|
Holy 🞵🞵🞵🞵, lol. That's some condescending 🞵🞵🞵🞵 from SkyCity.
"... the concept is new to Winnipeg..."
stfu, 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵, the reason this hasn't been done here in years is economical, not that we were too stupid to know what a skyscraper is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar
Not to disparage the fine work cops and firefighters do but their salary and gold plated pensions defy logic in a market like Winnipeg. The whole notion that they should be paid the same as in other jurisdictions like Vancouver and Calgary is ridiculous.
What were once blue collar jobs (police and firefighters) with pay on par with tradesman has now escalated to the point where they now make more than teachers, engineers, pharmacists, nurses, and 🞵🞵🞵🞵 load of other careers that require more than a humanities degree.
|
Want to know some true feelings about cops and firefighters?
Ask a paramedic, haha! They'll give you an earful!