Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487
they need not give dranoff any more property on this stretch. Let him finish what he already has proposed.
|
Gotta agree 100% here. With Dranoff sitting on an empty lot and not getting SLS off of the ground, and another project in the pipeline at Broad and Pine... he doesn't need to be holding onto another lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown
On that note, they should also remind Goldenberg they've got a whole block to work with around, uh, 8th and Market last time I checked? Feels like in this city, it'll go to them (because they own the adjacent site) or to Dranoff (because precedent). Goldenberg did get its act together with 1213, but Hines was the driving force there. We shall see.
|
I would be happy seeing it go to LCOR or Goldenberg actually.
I know Goldenberg is much maligned on this forum for whatever reason, but I think they're doing surprisingly good work so far in the city.
1213 Walnut is a very nice project. Remember too, that Hines publicly stated they will partner with Goldenberg on any Philadelphia project going forward, and they're very bullish on Philly. This bodes well for future Goldenberg projects in Philly. Yes, they're holding on to 8th and Market, but they have publicly stated they will start to develop the lot in 3 years. I'm okay waiting for the right project here.
Remember too, that Goldenberg is building a very nice complex of highrises up by Temple. They completed the 14-story View at Montgomery in 2014, and are now moving forward with View II which will be an 18-story and 12-story development.
I'm confident either LCOR or Goldenberg will do great work with this site.