HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Oct 2, 2017, 4:00 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I can hear the agonal breathing from the soon to be fetid corpse of Sears as I type away here.

There are now only three Sears stores left in Atlantic Canada (Halifax, Moncton & Fredericton). I can see them all closing by next year, especially if Simons takes over the Sears space at the Halifax Shopping Centre (as is rumoured).

I'm hoping that Cadillac fairview also has a contingency plan for the Sears space at Champlain Place in Moncton. Ideally, HBC would move in there. The Bay had a store at Highfield Square in Moncton, before it was torn down for the new events centre. They said that they would like to return to the city
When was the last time the Bay actually opened a new store, though? Obviously not counting their recent foray into the Netherlands.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:38 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.