Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright
I thought he was talking about the other Tribune parcel lol.
|
Also the Freedom Center (south of Chicago Ave) is up for grabs after the North Branch rezoning. That site is even larger.
As for the site plan posted above... meh. I'm getting tired of these "towers on a hillside" designs. First Wolf Point, then the final phase of Lakeshore East, now this. It is functionally no different from
this office park by O'Hare.... I appreciate how it conceals the parking below street level, but it takes that design flexibility and just uses it to build a suburban office park.
I'm not against the occasional tower-in-a-park to provide some much-needed breathing room, but this area is already wide open and windswept. It needs more of a streetwall, with street-fronting retail and maybe an internal street. Chicago Ave needs to evolve into a pleasant, vibrant pedestrian corridor between Milwaukee and Larrabee.