HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4961  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 12:12 AM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
What website lets you draw that up? I would love to see what all my flights look like.
Great Circle Mapper
__________________
VANCOUVER | Beautiful, Multicultural | Canada's Pacific Metropolis
     
     
  #4962  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 2:54 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
Ummmm that second itinerary looks amazing. Do you have a spare ticket?
Haha. I am sorry, but the other ticket is for my better half. And if you are curious, one round trip cost $3700 CAD. Not that bad when you remember that it is still 16 flights during peak travel season.

I love exploring airline route maps on their inflight magazines and I was always curious about this very unique route found on United's map. Now I get to fly the whole stretch, excluding only Yap island, which is only served on certain days of the week. Oh well, can't get it all.



Of course the point of the trip is not (just) the flying the route and we will also be spending 2-4 days each in Koror, Guam, Saipan, Pohnpei and Majuro. World War II history, pristine white sand beaches and colorful coral reefs are the real reason for going.

• Video Link
     
     
  #4963  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 6:55 AM
Cage Cage is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: YYC
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
If you read the press release it is a bit vague. They could be referring to 46 flights as of now and double daily will still exist from YYZ as they don't use the term "double daily nonstops" from YYZ. Also, they may be including ANA's YVR flights which they code share on. In any event for now they have removed the daily YYZ-NRT nonstop Next summer. Would be unusual for Air Canada to do that if they intend to keep it.
I'm seeing on some systems that AC19/20 is the new flight number for YYZ-NRT. This flight will be operated by the 789 on a daily basis.
__________________
United Premier a Elite latte lifter. Climber of swanky bridges.
     
     
  #4964  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 1:34 PM
niwell's Avatar
niwell niwell is offline
sick transit, gloria
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roncesvalles, Toronto
Posts: 11,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Haha. I am sorry, but the other ticket is for my better half. And if you are curious, one round trip cost $3700 CAD. Not that bad when you remember that it is still 16 flights during peak travel season.

Whoa, that is a LOT cheaper than I expected! Duly noted for the future...
     
     
  #4965  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 2:23 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Whoa, that is a LOT cheaper than I expected! Duly noted for the future...
I think the price drops even more if you don't actually stop over and just pass through the islands, which is probably the most common way that people do this trip.
     
     
  #4966  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 9:24 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
I just booked my own little "island hopper" flight this winter too, not nearly as fun as Klazu's but not nearly as expensive either!



So not as many stops, but only $580 taxes in!
     
     
  #4967  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 9:31 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
^ What a steal! That's an amazing deal for a trip that will take you all the way to Singapore.
     
     
  #4968  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 9:51 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Ya, prices out of YVR have been stupid cheap the last 24 months. Flew to round trip India in the spring for $649 all in and Morocco back in Nov for $471. You can't afford not to fly at those prices!
     
     
  #4969  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 10:02 PM
J81 J81 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
AC (and Star) Canada - Japan ops for next summer at this stage....

YYZ-HND DAILY 77W
YVR-NRT DAILY 789
YUL-NRT DAILY 788
YYZ-YYC-YUL DAILY 763
YVR-KIX DAILY 763 Rouge
YVR-NGO 4/wk 773 Rouge

ANA YVR-HND DAILY 789

YVR-NGO cant be 773 Rouge
     
     
  #4970  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 10:03 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Definitely just a slip of the finger, Johnny knows better than that. It is of course a 763.
     
     
  #4971  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 10:53 PM
Johnny Aussie's Avatar
Johnny Aussie Johnny Aussie is offline
G'day
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
I just booked my own little "island hopper" flight this winter too, not nearly as fun as Klazu's but not nearly as expensive either!

So not as many stops, but only $580 taxes in!
That's insane!! We are heading to SIN and HAN for a 5 day weekend next weekend on SQ for $1200 each all in and that's not bad in my opinion.

Here we have the benefit of long haul LCCs that usually offer insane cheap deals (like the odd $100 fares to Bali) but your deal (assuming on ANA) is phenomenal!
     
     
  #4972  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 11:11 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Ya, prices out of YVR have been stupid cheap the last 24 months. Flew to round trip India in the spring for $649 all in and Morocco back in Nov for $471. You can't afford not to fly at those prices!
Yeah, there have been a lot of interesting and amazing deals on yvrdeals.com for months now. I just wish I would have more vacation time to take use of all of them. I miss vacation entitlements back in Europe...
     
     
  #4973  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 11:55 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
That's insane!! We are heading to SIN and HAN for a 5 day weekend next weekend on SQ for $1200 each all in and that's not bad in my opinion.

Here we have the benefit of long haul LCCs that usually offer insane cheap deals (like the odd $100 fares to Bali) but your deal (assuming on ANA) is phenomenal!
Ya it was the ANA deal on YVRdeals. The India was through Shanghai on China Eastern and the Morocco was on KLM through Amsterdam, so all 'reputable' carriers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Yeah, there have been a lot of interesting and amazing deals on yvrdeals.com for months now. I just wish I would have more vacation time to take use of all of them. I miss vacation entitlements back in Europe...
I negotiated 6 weeks. Probably took a salary hit but it's important to me so I'm fine with it. I also take quick vacations, both India and the upcoming itinerary are only 10 days!
     
     
  #4974  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 12:55 AM
Johnny Aussie's Avatar
Johnny Aussie Johnny Aussie is offline
G'day
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
I negotiated 6 weeks. Probably took a salary hit but it's important to me so I'm fine with it. I also take quick vacations, both India and the upcoming itinerary are only 10 days!
Another bonus being downunder... all employees entitled to a minimum of 4 weeks paid annual leave in their first year. Plus we have something called long service leave. Probably another reason why Aussies have a huge propensity to travel.
     
     
  #4975  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 9:40 AM
Dalreg's Avatar
Dalreg Dalreg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
Another bonus being downunder... all employees entitled to a minimum of 4 weeks paid annual leave in their first year. Plus we have something called long service leave. Probably another reason why Aussies have a huge propensity to travel.
In Saskatchewan I have 4 weeks annual leave every year. Also I gain annual leave on my overtime, so last year I actually had 33 days total for the year (6.6 weeks).
__________________
Blow this popsicle stand
     
     
  #4976  
Old Posted Aug 27, 2017, 11:29 PM
DrNest's Avatar
DrNest DrNest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
What website lets you draw that up? I would love to see what all my flights look like.
There are a number of websites that you can use to track your flights, which then gives you stats for a number of categories such as distance flown, various aircraft/airlines, how many airports you've been too etc.
A couple I use are http://www.openflights.org and http://www.flightmemory.com.
I'm now at the point that I like to fly connections to my destination so that I can fly routes I've not flown before. My favourite was LHR-YYZ via LAX-SLC-MSP.
     
     
  #4977  
Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 2:53 AM
Dalreg's Avatar
Dalreg Dalreg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNest View Post
There are a number of websites that you can use to track your flights, which then gives you stats for a number of categories such as distance flown, various aircraft/airlines, how many airports you've been too etc.
A couple I use are http://www.openflights.org and http://www.flightmemory.com.
I'm now at the point that I like to fly connections to my destination so that I can fly routes I've not flown before. My favourite was LHR-YYZ via LAX-SLC-MSP.
My last flight was round trip PER-HGK-YVR-YYC-YXE and back again.
__________________
Blow this popsicle stand
     
     
  #4978  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 1:38 PM
yyzer's Avatar
yyzer yyzer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 757
Looks like BA are adding three weekly flights out of Gatwick to YYZ, effective May 1, 2018...

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/flights/new-routes
__________________
click here to check out my real estate site
     
     
  #4979  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 1:44 PM
yyzer's Avatar
yyzer yyzer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 757
Also some news from Philippine Airlines.... PR will be upgrading their JFK and YYZ flights to nonstop...

Most of the article is behind a paywall, but the rest here:

https://centreforaviation.com/insights/a...outes-to-new-york-jfk-and-toronto-363464
__________________
click here to check out my real estate site
     
     
  #4980  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 2:00 PM
ACT7 ACT7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Looks like BA are adding three weekly flights out of Gatwick to YYZ, effective May 1, 2018...

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/flights/new-routes
So on some days there will be three BA's parked at T3? Cool.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:07 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.