HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8121  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:04 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
The Oilers playoff run had a lot of fans staying there and walking.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #8122  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:18 PM
oiler-dude's Avatar
oiler-dude oiler-dude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
inHouse (Beaverbrook's new project in Grandin - 110st north south of Jasper)

http://www.cxgrandin.com


http://www.cxgrandin.com
Here's the image I think Cold meant to post (it was behind the text in his post on the website)


From: http://www.cxgrandin.com
     
     
  #8123  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:34 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
     
     
  #8124  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:35 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
Click here to see it so it's not so big.. https://i.redd.it/zrtyetrc5chz.jpg




from this reddit post.
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #8125  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 8:17 PM
CMD UW's Avatar
CMD UW CMD UW is offline
Urbis Maximus
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 12,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
We're going to be pushing a years worth of condo inventory here soon. I suspect both of these are a ways out
Not really. The multifamily inventory goes in cycles. You also have to split 'apartment condos' into various categories to get a real snapshot of what type of units are moving.
__________________
"Call me sir, goddammit!"
     
     
  #8126  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 8:24 PM
CMD UW's Avatar
CMD UW CMD UW is offline
Urbis Maximus
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 12,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
The area is much safer than people perceive it to be and a 1 block walk at the end of the day.

That said, we need to continue to work on the perception vs. reality piece here and continue to push for more active storefronts and new development.

95/Jasper will help a lot

Alldritt will help a lot

Artist Tower will help a lot

The new Nook Cafe on 97st/101A will be a community cornerstone IMO.
What needs to happen is development, period. Prem took a big 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 but I'm afraid he is a number of years too early.
__________________
"Call me sir, goddammit!"
     
     
  #8127  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 8:43 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
^ Perhaps your company could help speed things up!
     
     
  #8128  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:10 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
     
     
  #8129  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:13 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
     
     
  #8130  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:15 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
     
     
  #8131  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:17 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
     
     
  #8132  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:22 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
Ice District Tower B
Edmonton, Alberta by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr

University of Alberta skyline
Edmonton, Alberta by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
     
     
  #8133  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:29 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
Pure awesome
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #8134  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:31 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Thanks, never get tired of pics!
     
     
  #8135  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:43 PM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
Five Oaks tower

Edmonton, Alberta by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr

Edmonton, Alberta by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
     
     
  #8136  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 9:53 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
Great pics, man ICE District is going to be awesome. The Five Oaks building looks really good too, especially the solar panel wall (love the white strips to break it up).
     
     
  #8137  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 12:00 AM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
I'm probably one of the outliers.... but as much as I love creativity in providing sustainable power, the solar wall looks pretty ugly compared to the rest of the building.

But I understand their intent.
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #8138  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 12:43 AM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
I agree, that side is unsightly.
     
     
  #8139  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 3:04 AM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
I agree, that side is unsightly.
it's right on the property line so code dictates a blank wall with no windows. this is a pretty decent treatment/solution for that.
__________________
"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee
     
     
  #8140  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 5:44 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_foster View Post
I'm probably one of the outliers.... but as much as I love creativity in providing sustainable power, the solar wall looks pretty ugly compared to the rest of the building.

But I understand their intent.
Respectfully disagree. Function over form. But barely.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:52 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.