This looks great! Such quality. I think the top should have been centered and there should have been a 360 degree terrace on all 4 sides. But that's my only thought.
This looks great! Such quality. I think the top should have been centered and there should have been a 360 degree terrace on all 4 sides. But that's my only thought.
Definitely looks great, and the right portion is the part that's cantilevered over the church, if it was centred at the top it might have looked funny from the street a la central park tower.
UFC billionaire is mystery buyer of $70M penthouse at 520 Park Avenue
Unit is among condo tower's priciest
August 17, 2017
Quote:
Turns out billionaire Frank Fertitta, former owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship mixed martial arts company, is the buyer of a $70 million penthouse at Zeckendorf Development’s 520 Park Avenue.
Fertitta, who sold UFC for $4 billion last year, bought a six-bedroom duplex at the condo tower, the New York Post reported. The unit spans 9,138 square feet and has 279 square feet of outdoor space overlooking Central Park.
In June, the Wall Street Journal reported that two of the tower’s most expensive units — with asking prices of roughly $73 million and $83 million— were under contract. At the time, the buyers of the condos were unknown. The buyer of the $83 million apartment, also a six-bedroom duplex, is still not yet clear.
The 34-unit building is designed by Robert A.M. Stern and has a projected sellout of $1.25 billion. The building has a $130 million penthouse that would be one of the most expensive apartment sales in New York City’s history if it sells at that price. The title of most expensive sale is likely to go to an in-contract condo unit at Vornado Realty Trust’s 220 Park Avenue South, which had an asking price of $250 million.
The one thing that initially threw me off balance was that the farther away from the tower I looked, the more I thought the cladding to be in somewhat drastic need for a good cleaning.
The closer I look, the more I appreciate the "optical illusion"...at least through my aesthetic lens.
So what's with the development assemblage just to the west? Could there be a sister tower or something?
I know there has been discussion on NY YIMBY regarding the nearby assemblage. You can tell that the developers positioned the windows and terraces to accomodate something rising to the west.
So what's with the development assemblage just to the west? Could there be a sister tower or something?
I know there has been discussion on NY YIMBY regarding the nearby assemblage. You can tell that the developers positioned the windows and terraces to accomodate something rising to the west.
Are you referring to 145 East 60th Street?
I believe it was 6 or so buildings, small ones in the range of 4-6 floors being part of the assemblage. A crapload along Lexington Avenue.
Lot of potential, and hopefully a super tall. 1200+ ft.
A particularly lovely structure when walking east down 59th street by the park. This one brings back some of the romantic NY lost from this view when the GM building replaced the Savoy Plaza Hotel.