HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 4:12 PM
Norman Bates Norman Bates is offline
Living With My Mother
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_jeffrey View Post
Yes I've done it many times. First of all, book a room, it's the only way you'll ever be able to sleep. The food is excellent. While most cars are refurbished so be sure to book a room in a refurbished one. If not you'll smell the 80s carpet for 5 days. What do you want to know specifically?
Yes, I will be in one of the renovated rooms. As I understand it, the one accessible room is in the dome car.

Do you have any tips to offer in terms of successfully undergoing the trip and then flying back home?

I'm a little intimidated by no wifi on the train. Is there anything to do to pass the time besides staring out the window?

The longest I ever went on the train is the Amtrak to and from MTL and NYC. I found that Amtrak ride a big step down from the corridor where I always go VIA1.

I've done the entire corridor from Windsor to Quebec City, and am going to Quebec City tomorrow morning. But it's always VIA1 (I dislike the current business class apellative).

I've flown countless times between YOW and YWG, YEG, YYC and YVR. I've also driven it the American and Canadian routes several times. But never done the train. Sort of a bucket list kind of thing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:58 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.