Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
^ The food court is the busiest and most profitable part of the mall... it isn't going anywhere. As someone who works in the area, I'd certainly miss it if it were gone.
So many downtown revitalization efforts are aimed at bringing people downtown...well, here's a downtown place where people meet and eat every day. And you guys want to shut it down?
|
I find the people who have the strongest opinions about downtown are people who are never actually down there, cling to pre-conceived notions about what it is.
I love downtown, and it is getting better all the time. I've yet to visit a major centre downtown and not encountered homeless people (who are mostly harmless). Cripes, go to TO they have a great downtown...they also have little homeless outdoor apartments set up in front of Union Station.
Back to Portage Place...I will just never understand how a mall that size came to be with 3 malls in a relatively small area. Not department stores...malls.
It is just too big and there are no stores in it to really make people wanna go to it.
It is not that bad, but people won't go out of their way for it.