Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee
|
Thanks for the article. The data they used is from 2011. Since then condo construction has exploded. Around 2014, condo prices began rising faster than detached properties, for the first time. They're still rising way faster than detached prices.
http://vancitycondoguide.com/wp-content/...hot-2017-07-03-at-5.17.57-PM-696x401.png
The bar graph they used (percent of people living in detached vs attached) is even more lopsided now.
Edmonton will never experience that, but I hope people respond to these few condos that are being built right now so more can come in the future. The last time I was in Edmonton, the Pearl was probably the only high rise that offered anything of value. Now there are so many options on the market. Exciting time.
When I relocate to Edmonton again in 2018, if I can recreate 50% of the urban experience of Vancouver, without the negatives of Vancouver, I can finally say I've found my home