Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios
I'm sure this skepticism is not what pushed Calgary to win the O&G HQ race, rather a mixture of Ralph Klein and vicinity to the Rockies to attract top talent.
|
While those may have been factors, I'm not sure that's what tipped the balance down south.. I'm sure the better located airport also played a part, as well as how Calgary has consistently improved transportation access to the CBD over the years
Edmonton has done nothing to improve road access to the core since quashing the METS plan, and the LRT while starting off on the right foot, has turned into a mixed bag that has now degraded access to the core in places
It's only natural for people to follow the path of least resistance, so no surprise that over time companies gravitated to a place where workers could have a quicker commute