Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg
During rush hour both of those lanes are filled with cars and lots of commuter busses headed up to Cobb county and other suburbs, turning right on W. Peachtree. I think the 15th street extension will help tremendously with all the buses that service the Arts Center station as well as help divert traffic from 14th street. Until we have a comprehensive transit system that covers all the suburbs with some type of rail, we will need to make Midtown more efficient for road transportation. I'm sure Midtown plans on making this 2 block road a complete street as well as creating implements for a future 15th street bridge over the highway. Would be nice if they could eventually cap the connector in this area.
|
I was talking about the eastbound lanes. Or it might technically be one 20' wide lane--pavement markings in this town are pretty sketchy. Either way it's a lot of wasted asphalt that can literally never have two lanes of traffic feeding into it, either before or after this project.
There are plenty of other unnecessarily huge streets and non-functional lanes throughout Midtown. They do nothing to enhance traffic flow.