I'm hoping this is an initial test to see if the greenwall will work on that wall and they triple the size of it later to cover up that hideous building.
The weird thing is that if you stood across the street from the podium (@ Japadog) and looked across, the Tractor would match the Telus Garden aesthetic, as would the Bnech accounting lobby.
The Jinya Ramen stands in stark contrast to the modern (but jumbled) architecture of the building.
BUT which restaurant looks more inviting?
The Jinya Ramen.
The Tractor (though clean) looks like an office cafeteria.
Would be cool to see an update from that view, with the cherry blossoms in full swing! As much as I hate the Beasley condo, I love how vegetated their multiple podium rooftops are.
Here are some pics from a few minutes ago. The Beasly isn't actually in this shot. Perhaps you're thinking of Atelier (in the foreground at the bottom and left of the picture) or L'Hermitage with the blossoms on the higher podium roof (just below the Telus office tower protruding box). BTW, I was recently puzzling over whether those current blossoms are actually cherry or perhaps apple blossoms. I've seen some cherry trees that totally blossom and then drop all the petals and then start to leaf out. It seems these trees on the L'Hermitage roof blossom and leaf out at the same time which I've seen apple trees do.
On a side note, I just recently figured out what the empty space is on the corner of the Telus Garden condo tower podium roof (last pic). It's a dog run. I've seen people out there recently with their dogs.
Have we ever seen the ledges on the Telus Garden condo podium lit up at night?
**************
Also, Tractor has added a decal "sign" on its window.
Presumably a placeholder for a larger sign?
Are you talking about the little lights that are on the ceiling (overhang) above the transition floors? I've only seen a few of them on occasionally. Never seen them all on at once. I presume they are controlled by the adjacent apartment unit.
I was out and about this last evening and got a few nighttime shots (last 3 pics).
Are you talking about the little lights that are on the ceiling (overhang) above the transition floors? I've only seen a few of them on occasionally. Never seen them all on at once. I presume they are controlled by the adjacent apartment unit.
I was out and about this last evening and got a few nighttime shots (last 3 pics).
May 8 '17, my pics
Thanks for the pics... those lighted bands still have no less than a dozen half lit panels... it would drive me bonkers to look at that.
If only I could look into the future 20-30 years from now to see how many finicky aspects of this building are in disrepair.
Are you talking about the little lights that are on the ceiling (overhang) above the transition floors? I've only seen a few of them on occasionally. Never seen them all on at once. I presume they are controlled by the adjacent apartment unit.