Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeofthewood
The article says corner of Nicholas and Rideau, which would be the area below Simons wouldn't it?
|
Correct.
The article, in general, is a bit confusing though. I don't know why they are only now reporting that Joey's is moving into that space, when that's been known for several months. In fact, I think they have posters up on the windows suggesting it's opening in Spring 2017.
Also, the line:
Quote:
|
The busy street corner, which has played host to a few different restaurants in recent years, will be the new home of JOEY Restaurants in Ottawa.
|
What?! Has there ever been a restaurant "in recent years" (or
any years, for that matter) at that corner? (The Ogilvie building alone has sat empty since at least 2007
according to google maps; and before sitting empty, it was a clothing store, "Urban Behaviour", I believe) ... Or was the writer talking about across the street (on Nicholas) where there was a Nestle Tollhouse Coffee shop that closed down last year (and before that, various clothing stores occupied that spot)?