Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL
Regarding that CargoJet Boeing 767-300: It appears that every Wednesdays this how the aircraft is utilized: CJT1574 (YHM-YOW), CJT270 (YOW-YFB), CJT270 (YFB-YOW), and CJT1573 (YOW-YHM).
|
That makes sense in terms of rotating a 767 for CargoJet's food mail sub-contract with 7F. 727s still the rest of the week as far as I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish
|
I forgot that I also spotted yesterday at around 1230 downtown a red Gov't Search & Rescue chopper (Coast Guard?) and then at around 1830 I spotted a CH-147 Chinook helicopter on finals for 07. Great day for spotting yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac888yow
I've been wondering. Does anyone know if traffic data is measured and available for XDS? If so, I think those numbers could be fascinating.
|
Do you mean the rail passenger numbers or the AF-KL bus numbers? For the rail, Via has never disclosed yearly station-specific rail pax stats anywhere at least that I'm aware of. However in recent times, they have published seasonal stats:
http://www.viarail.ca/en/about-via-rail/...r-2016-a-record-breaking-summer-via-rail
Quote:
HIGHLIGHTS
From June 21 to September 6, 2016:
In anticipation of high ridership over the summer, we increased the capacity of several trains in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and adjusted our schedule in order to offer greater flexibility to the 839,000 passengers who chose to take the train.
The city of Toronto attracted the greatest number of travellers by far, followed closely by Montréal and Ottawa. These destinations were chosen by 269,000, 159,000, and 102,000 travellers respectively.
|
That works out to 1308 pax per day at the Ottawa Station over 78 days last summer (I'm guessing this excludes Barrhaven??). That seems awfully low given there are about 12 trains departures/day on average (factoring in reduced weekend service). That = only 55 pax per arrival/departure on average. That clearly must exclude Barrhaven in that case. It seems like about 1/3 of the train nowadays on average gets off/on in Barrhaven whenever I've taken it.
Quote:
|
Additionally, since VIA Rail quadrupled the number of direct trips offered between Québec City, Montréal, and Ottawa, it has never been easier to plan a round trip between the nation’s capital and Québec City. In fact, more than 139,000 passengers travelled between the two cities over the past few months.
|
The 139k mark I'm guessing was the 12 months rolling total = 381 pax/day.???
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/via...esults-for-holiday-season-610535385.html
Quote:
HIGHLIGHTS
From December 19, 2016 to January 8, 2017:
Toronto's Union Station, a transit point for 167,000 travellers was especially busy during the holiday period. Respectively, Montreal and Ottawa saw 85,200 and 70,600 passengers pass through their stations to be reunited with family and friends.
|
For that 21 day period for Ottawa, that = 3362 pax/day = 140 pax/trip. You'd think this must include Barrhaven.