508 W. Diversey Pkwy got its full building permits for 12 stories and 53 units. I see the project listed on Curbed's high rise map, but it's not listed on our front page. Can a mod please add the project to the list?
I don't understand this. Can't a huge blank walled podium at least cover up other huge blank walls? Is that too much to ask?
How many times does this need to be explained, windows and any other openingsare strictly prohibited in the building code along lot lines for fire prevention reasons. So unless you want an entire city of buildings that don't extend to the lot lines you will just have to deal with the occasional black brick wall while waiting for the adjoining property to be developed.
I wasn't talking about the blank red wall on the new construction. But about the blank beige wall on the existing building behind it. Which this project could have built to, and didn't.
Apr 24
A new target - currently I have to walk 5 blocks to get anything but groceries, this will reduce it to 3.
Apr 25
Hey harry any idea when the development on the south side of the train station suppose to start? When all the oak park developments are completed it's going to have a totally different urban feel.
Hey harry any idea when the development on the south side of the train station suppose to start? When all the oak park developments are completed it's going to have a totally different urban feel.
^^^^ To each their own obviously. I just prefer something different for a base than steel screen or blue glass. I'm hoping for somthing unique to look at on every base when they keep building up that strip of Halsted ,VanBuren-Lake, after 1S.Halsted is completed.