Spoke with the team behind this project yesterday, they are now at 90ft so another 15ft to go. Also the revised proposal for the tower at the 7-11 site was going to get submitted this week so we should expect some new renderings shortly.
Thanks for the updates, Vanville. Wow those are serious rocks, and quite a few are the sizes of a typical family sedan. The haulage fees would be astronomical for this one. At least we know that the foundation for this tower is sitting on some real solid natural footings.
mcminsen, I swear you are a robot that waits, fully dressed to go, and as soon as the sun comes out you are out the door capturing the beauty while you fly all over the 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 place. I've thanked you for your good work before, but this time its for being a huge help with this rainy cloudy spring. I am luckily experiencing a kind of psychological spring anchored in your sunny photos, and that spring is a very good one.
This is at least the third super deep excavation within a year: Vancouver house and the two for one for 498 Drake and the Charleson.
I may be repeating myself, but these were common in Montreal when I was there; and my favorite was for the Tour du Faubourg at Guy and Rue Sainte-Catherine. The excavation was deeper than the above ground height.
Just that . . . I think they built parking for the building above as well as for the existing Faubourg market beside. I can't remember the details, but I think it was one project: phase one - renovation of one of Montréal's early car dealerships into the market; and phase two - the office and parking 'attached.'
Eye-balled the hole May 10th, didn't look much different than Mc's photo's late April, still that big pile of dirt in one corner. Must be close to 105 ft by now? With any luck s/b pouring foundation by Xmas maybe.
Here I was hoping for a crane erection by summer. Although this project just seems to be working at its own pace. Perhaps with a few other projects around town that have topped out in the last few weeks that this one may get a kick in the pants and we can see some major progress.
Regardless of the amount of stuff to still be removed from the bottom, the thing to look for now is the preparation of a crane base. It might be at the south end so we'll have to look into the pit from all angles.
Spoke with the team behind this project yesterday, they are now at 90ft so another 15ft to go. Also the revised proposal for the tower at the 7-11 site was going to get submitted this week so we should expect some new renderings shortly.
Off topic from this project but any news on the proposal for the 7-11 ?