HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7881  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 4:29 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
     
     
  #7882  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 4:35 AM
MikeNigh MikeNigh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 597
Christ it's so ugly
     
     
  #7883  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 5:02 AM
Philly Fan Philly Fan is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Christ it's so ugly
Different strokes, I guess--I like it. And I like that it "reads" as multiple buildings on the same block, instead of one monolithic block-long facade. Based solely on the photos, though. Haven't seen it in person, yet.
     
     
  #7884  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 5:29 AM
MikeNigh MikeNigh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 597
Definitely going to bring some life to the area though.
     
     
  #7885  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 12:09 PM
3rd&Brown 3rd&Brown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Different strokes, I guess--I like it. And I like that it "reads" as multiple buildings on the same block, instead of one monolithic block-long facade. Based solely on the photos, though. Haven't seen it in person, yet.
I like it.

I think it's the perfect (type of) building to serve as a sort of step down between the core of Center City and less dense North Philly.

There are a ton of empty lots in this area of the city. This type of building could consume many of them.
     
     
  #7886  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 1:43 PM
br323206 br323206 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Christ it's so ugly
I would've liked something a bit taller since Broad Street is so broad (ha) but it's inoffensive. I run through there a lot and it's a million times better than it used to be already. This will really help the area out.
     
     
  #7887  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:08 PM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
A few more floors, but I always think they should have more floors.
     
     
  #7888  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:12 PM
Frontst17 Frontst17 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 304
It actually looks really good in person. Changes the whole intersection
     
     
  #7889  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:14 PM
OslPhlWasChi OslPhlWasChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 23
This is wonderful as is. At its current scale it successfully creates a continuous and appropriately dense (relative to its peer buildings) corridor for North Broad. Height means more units and I would rather save those additional units for the next project on another lot. The marginal benefit of a few more floors is little to none (assuming there is demand for it) and are more valuable elsewhere.

Last edited by OslPhlWasChi; Apr 19, 2017 at 2:14 PM. Reason: bad grammer, sorry
     
     
  #7890  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 11:54 PM
El Duderino's Avatar
El Duderino El Duderino is offline
build awesome buildings
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 652
i just wish they didn't have to throw the random red in there - despite the fantastic function of both buildings, the red tends to cheapen the look. that said, i'd take this 10 times out of 10 at that location and i can't wait to see how the spring arts/north broad areas blend into each other.
     
     
  #7891  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 1:51 AM
Nova08 Nova08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 518
I have to admit, it is sometimes easy to focus on every little news release that points to companies leaving the city or even the Philly area, the latest being the potential to lose Crown Holdings.

After some perusing into the Philly tech scene I thought it is worth pointing out these headlines from the past few months that give me hope the Philly Tech scene is pushing forward full steam ahead. Hopefully laying the ground work for some bigger moves into the city in the next few years. These not only highlight growth in Philly but demonstrate that Philly based tech companies can showcase their talent and product on the national if not international scene.

Magento bought an Israeli startup and is moving it to Philly
https://technical.ly/philly/2017/04/18/magento-acquired-shopial/

Oncora Medical got the stamp of approval from a major cancer center
https://technical.ly/philly/2017/04/07/oncora-medical-texas-md-anderson-cancer-center/

CardConnect acquires Chicago-based sales firm MertzCo
https://technical.ly/philly/2017/04/04/c...ompany-king-of-prussia-acquires-mertzco/

Arcweb just doubled its Old City office space
https://technical.ly/philly/2017/03/06/arcweb-technologies-office-expand/

Think Company just opened a second office in Center City
https://technical.ly/philly/2017/02/01/inside-think-companys-sleek-new-philly-location/

Keriton wins big at #SXSW: ‘I want to dedicate this award to Philadelphia
https://technical.ly/philly/2017/03/14/keriton-sxsw-pediatric-impact-pitch-competition/
Quote:
“I want to dedicate this award to the city of Philadelphia,” the founder said. “I’m happy to call Philly our home because the entire community has been so supportive specially folks like Penn Medicine, Penn Engineering, Wharton, IBX, BioAdvance, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Dreamit, DormRoomFund, the Mayor’s Office, Philly Startup Leaders and StartUp PHL. This is a reflection of a Philadelphia company winning at a global stage.”
     
     
  #7892  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 8:17 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
1200 Washington Done, and Units Are Available For Rent



Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-philly/passyunk-square/1200-washington-done-and-available-for-rent
     
     
  #7893  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 12:18 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrytsyu View Post
At the moment I don't have the ability to recover the information regarding the history of the Hale Building entrance. However, sometime during the 20th century, the entrance was given a contemporary makeover. That process destroyed the original entrance and concealed a section above the entrance.

While it is possible to restore original base facade, I recall the articles indicated that facade was not conducive to modern usage/remarketing demands. Perhaps some new generation will demolish the prospective 21st century entrance and restore the original, when appropriate.

Meanwhile. I am beyond pleased this building is being saved and reinvented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Here's an article that includes photos of the Hales entrance down through the years, some ok, some terrible. But you can see why it would be difficult to go back to day one.
http://www.phillymag.com/property/2016/0...uilding-in-all-of-its-glory/#gallery-2-1
I understand the original entrance is long gone and I don't expect a rebuild. I'm just not happy with what the replacement the current architect came up with. I think the non-glass portion (not sure what material is being used) is too heavy and obscures the ornate detail of the rest of the building and would much prefer the new entrance be all clear glass. This would draw eyes up from street level and show of the remaining original elements. The current plan feels tacked on.

As I said though, I'm still very happy with the project as a whole. Just nitpicking.
     
     
  #7894  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 2:15 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
1200 Washington Done, and Units Are Available For Rent



Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-philly/passyunk-square/1200-washington-done-and-available-for-rent
they were testing lighting last night appears this will have pillars of light all along the building looked like alternating green, red, and yellow from what I could tell was surprised to see that
     
     
  #7895  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 2:52 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
1200 Washington Done, and Units Are Available For Rent

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-philly/passyunk-square/1200-washington-done-and-available-for-rent
It's tough to see the building behind all those wires and light poles - but, the little I can see looks OK.
     
     
  #7896  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 4:11 PM
Scottydont Scottydont is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
It's tough to see the building behind all those wires and light poles - but, the little I can see looks OK.
That areas needs all the help it can get. Once the other projects get going, should be nothing but positive.
     
     
  #7897  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 5:16 PM
Groundhog's Avatar
Groundhog Groundhog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottydont View Post
That areas needs all the help it can get. Once the other projects get going, should be nothing but positive.
Agreed. Has there been an update on this beauty on the Italian Market in the last year or so?



I'm guessing it's gone, but I'd like to hold out hope until somebody can makes it official.
__________________
You must construct additional pylons.
     
     
  #7898  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 5:45 PM
Boku Boku is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 770
Inga likes the Hanover project:

North Broad Street and the rise of the mid-rise apartment building

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/...er-north-broad-architecture-parkway.html
     
     
  #7899  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 6:24 PM
tsarstruck tsarstruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Agreed. Has there been an update on this beauty on the Italian Market in the last year or so?



I'm guessing it's gone, but I'd like to hold out hope until somebody can makes it official.
Last I had heard Anastasi's was still supposed to be losing their lease, so maybe still viable.
     
     
  #7900  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:59 PM
Philly Kid Philly Kid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 64
http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20170419/NEWS/170419612#disqus_thread

Don't know where else to post this, but go figure this article is published in a suburban paper.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:38 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.