Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew
Wind on a tiny balcony is no better or worse then on a large terrace. As for hot tubs regulations that will depend on the developer. I watched them install a lap pool on the top floor of a condo on Wellington last year. They needed a crane to get it up on the 10th floor. Much larger then any old hot tub. I'm sure these large terraces will sell out fast for people that maybe aren't as concerned about a bit of winter wind.
|
I agree. Wind is much worse on a tiny balcony. It also makes the unit a whole lot cheaper. These terraces and balconies add up to hundreds if not a million plus dollars. It's not worth it.
This also reminds me of my townhouse's rooftop terrace. The freeze thaw cycle played havoc with the drainage system and the roof after three separate repairs still leaked. This isn't an isolated case either or can't happen with concrete condos with these walled planter terraces. I know of a few first hand that had their floors destroyed in one of our famous downpours. The floor drains simply couldn't handle the deluge.
http://www.tridel.com/aquabella/prices-f...879,Toronto,2%20Bedrooms%20+%20Den,T2F+D
It's not a bad interior layout but, it's definitely not worth the starting price of 4 million.