Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
With all these closings and hardly anything opening up to fill the gaps, Osborne Village is in entering an alarming state of freefall. How can an area like that not have something basic like a bank? Corydon is losing its Scotiabank, so this makes for a double whammy.
I wonder if a credit union might step in to fill the void?
|
That Scotiabank is relocating to the Taylor Walmart parking lot. It's currently under construction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking
oh man, really?...its amazing that the residential development in osborne village is going so strong but the strip is completely dying...both it and Corydon are heading toward life support.
|
I agree Osborne is a mess, but I actually think Corydon is doing remarkably well considering there isn't any substantial population growth in the area. The expanded Cafe 22 building is completely full, the space that was empty beside Grace Hill since Blue Moon moved just opened as a chocolate shop, some of the lower-end restaurants have been replaced by "better" or at least new places. I'm actually impressed with Corydon to be honest, I thought it was doomed 2-3 years ago. Used to always be dead in the winter, now there's a lot more businesses that don't rely on a patio, and it seems busier down there in winter now.