Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia
As a general comment, I recall over the last good number of years people wanting clear transparent glass, and when buildings came up where glass looked more reflective in reality than in the rendering, there was predictable dismay. On this building, in the crown element (where we have not yet seen the lighting component) the amount of negativity towards this glass being transparent and looking like the rendering has been quite off the scale. Much more so than when the Bow's atrium was massacred and produced quite different from the rendering and with plastic trees, or when the Bow, that received FAR boosts from the cultural component that had all of the public elements, never built the south building. I get that this building crown is different, I don't get the volume of negativity on it actually being like the drawings and it being transparent like so many people previously lamented about.
|
Even more to the point, every render that's been posted showed clear or very clear glass at the crown - what we're seeing shouldn't be the big deal some are making it out to be. Give it time I say as there's obviously still things being worked on up there and it may very well end up being a diamond in the rough that'll turn out to be quite the jewel.