Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey
|
I'm right in this area. In talking to my neighbours over the last year, it's really surprising how none of them seemed to understand what was happening with the ring road. It seemed they either 1) weren't aware of the SW ring road at all, or 2) thought it wouldn't start to curl until 37th Street (the portion off of 22x). I bought my place in 2007 and looked at the proposed alignment for the road at the time, which was right in line with where it's ending up. I believe all of the houses in Bridle Estates bordering the road were built after that point. When they were going up, I thought they were nuts buying side-by-side estate homes there, given they would eventually be looking out at an interchange.
The increase in dust from the gravel pit has been a pain with kids, and I'll be disappointed when 24th Street access to 22x closes, but it's temporary and the road will eventually help eliminate a lot of long painful drives down Macleod for people in the area.
EDIT: Communication of the pit certainly could have been better. The first time I was aware of it was a month or 2 back, and I've been pretty diligent in reading up on it. I'm sure it came up at a town hall I don't have time to attend, but a bit more notice would have been nice. Not sure I would/could have done different, but we may have accelerated our plans to move out of the area.