Sorry if I don't put up with 🞵🞵🞵🞵 service. I can't book flights will in advance to get on one of the precious few direct flights.
So yes it is a form of bullying being literally forced to travel somewhere one doesn't want to go.
Actually things will change. The more people refuse to use 🞵🞵🞵🞵 service the more you hurt the airlines where it counts in the pocket book. They want my money, then provide a service that gets me and many others where we want to go.
In the case of YXE it may have changed in recent years. But I generally found the direct flights fill up a similar rate to the connections. They just become more expense the closer in you are.
Where I think there is a legitimate problem is around school breaks in Saskatoon. There is a week or two when it is almost impossible to get a seat in or out of the city on short notice.
It's crazy to remember back so many years ago when Canadian Airlines had a 2 page advertising spread in Maclean's giving a sweet aerial view of the brand new Terminal 3. It was the stuff of the future, and now T1 dwarfs it.
Just goes to show how Air Canada is trying to grab those US connections.
Quote:
The number of connecting passengers
jumped by about 300,000, from 2.8 million in 2015 to 3.1 million in 2016. Connections are primarily between the domestic or transborder sectors on the one hand, and the international sector on the other.
Personally I like the new livery. I did like the current one, but this is a respectful change that has a modern looking font with a nod to the old 90's colour scheme.