HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6121  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:13 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Man, SSP used to be a great resource for constructive information... come on now folks.
SSP is still a great place for information. Just because one or two snowflakes can't stand to have someone with a different opinion doesn't mean its any different.
     
     
  #6122  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:17 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,149
Differing opinions is one thing, but the way some folks on here approach that is not making anyone want to be involved with SSP. Sad really.
     
     
  #6123  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:28 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
If there is indeed a problem here, almost everyone here is a contributor to it I'd say
     
     
  #6124  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:30 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Differing opinions is one thing, but the way some folks on here approach that is not making anyone want to be involved with SSP. Sad really.
Actually, you know, that might have some bearing to it.
     
     
  #6125  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 6:04 PM
noodlenoodle noodlenoodle is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Differing opinions is one thing, but the way some folks on here approach that is not making anyone want to be involved with SSP. Sad really.
You've been marginalizing, talking over, talking down to & silencing people for the majority of the decade I've interacted with you. The fact that you're completely blithely unaware, uncaring or otherwise ignorant of how much of the terrible environment that seems to follow you around is actually caused/directly influenced by your behaviours is both maddening & completely hilarious.

I mean, there was much, much less fighting, squabbling & other unpleasantness on C2E when you took your glorious little vacation from there after getting put back in your place after your mod abuse. It was awesome & I was sad to see it end.
     
     
  #6126  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 6:20 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,149
^uh huh
     
     
  #6127  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 6:39 PM
GreenSPACE's Avatar
GreenSPACE GreenSPACE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Honestly.. i tried to catch up to him but he was down in the pit before I even got to Ultima. Really had the mind to run down there and try talk to someone but I had a dinner to rush to myself. Wish I didnt give up so easily.
I know it's a nuisance, but I would maybe report it next time. Last year a cement truck incident at Norquest resulted in a fatality. Not sure who's fault it was but in any case pedestrians/cyclists will always come out the looser.
     
     
  #6128  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 6:44 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
You've been marginalizing, talking over, talking down to & silencing people for the majority of the decade I've interacted with you. The fact that you're completely blithely unaware, uncaring or otherwise ignorant of how much of the terrible environment that seems to follow you around is actually caused/directly influenced by your behaviours is both maddening & completely hilarious.

I mean, there was much, much less fighting, squabbling & other unpleasantness on C2E when you took your glorious little vacation from there after getting put back in your place after your mod abuse. It was awesome & I was sad to see it end.
.


I know you are speaking for yourself. And this is your view point.

I don't follow this opinion what so ever. And I know quite a few people who don't agree with your opinion either.

The hate and discord you have for Cold is not healthy.
     
     
  #6129  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:04 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Thumbs up

^ you're just as guilty of fostering the hostile environment as anyone else

Unpopular viewpoints do get shouted down here all the time.

Just because the majority agreed on something, doesn't make it correct
     
     
  #6130  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:15 PM
noodlenoodle noodlenoodle is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,148
Thanks Ian & Black Star for providing such succinct non-rebuttals & showing complete support to my position thanks to you both responding to my statement pretty much exactly like I figured you would.

Bravo, gents, bravo.
     
     
  #6131  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:52 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
I like lamp
     
     
  #6132  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:01 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,149
Not worth the time.
     
     
  #6133  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:04 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
Thanks Ian & Black Star for providing such succinct non-rebuttals & showing complete support to my position thanks to you both responding to my statement pretty much exactly like I figured you would.

Bravo, gents, bravo.

Buddy you're miserable lol.

I have better things to do than spar with an unknown internet SSP user who will never agree or understand my opinion. I think you have some valid points of view. But you come off like a dam Nancy when someone or some opinion doesn't agree with you. Like liberalism
     
     
  #6134  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:18 PM
noodlenoodle noodlenoodle is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Buddy you're miserable lol.

I have better things to do than spar with an unknown internet SSP user who will never agree or understand my opinion.
Just because I don't agree with you I can't understand you? Why, what a lofty & illustrious view of yourself you have.

(Not really sure what you're trying to get at with the political jab & not really sure why it's relevant in the scope of the discussion. But hey, keep the terrible attempts at insulting/discrediting me coming. They only strengthen my resolve.)
     
     
  #6135  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:27 PM
rapid_business's Avatar
rapid_business rapid_business is offline
Urban Advocate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,889
If I can introduce some of you to the mute/block function, it has made my experience here much more enjoyable. Although, when people quote said individual, it gets a little harder to ignore. All in all, would recommend!
     
     
  #6136  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:31 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_business View Post
If I can introduce some of you to the mute/block function, it has made my experience here much more enjoyable. Although, when people quote said individual, it gets a little harder to ignore. All in all, would recommend!
This can't be said enough. the ignore feature is the only thing that makes this forum bearable.
     
     
  #6137  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:50 PM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilman View Post
This can't be said enough. the ignore feature is the only thing that makes this forum bearable.
Starting to consider it now with how stuck up and aggressive certain individuals have become as of late.
     
     
  #6138  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 9:14 PM
McBoo McBoo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 747
Well, maybe first round, but he didn't poke the bear to provoke round two.

Noodle comes off angry - but to be fair, Ian is often his own worst enemy presenting his opinion as if it's a peer reviewed fact.

It's the interweb.

Last edited by McBoo; Jan 31, 2017 at 9:45 PM. Reason: Whoops ... get name right McBoo!!
     
     
  #6139  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 9:20 PM
noodlenoodle noodlenoodle is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Ian is often his own worst enemy presenting his opinion as if it's a peer reviewed fact.
This. I couldn't have said it better myself.
     
     
  #6140  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 9:25 PM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
Both noodle and 240glt routinely respond to me unprovoked with unnecessary aggressiveness and belittling behaviour. Noodle has arrogantly attacked me even after I conceding he had a point on a particular topic because I didn't apologize hard enough. Give me a break. Meanwhile, 240glt passive-aggressively jabs me whenever he disagrees with my points. These kinds of behaviours would be completely inexcusable if done with people we know or meet in real life, and yet they go unchecked here. Do these miserable curmudgeons use us to take out frustrations in their own life that they can't do in real life? It's the only explanation I can think of for their disrespectful tone. Sure, Ian may not always help himself, but he doesn't deserve to have his character routinely attacked, regardless of his obnoxiousness (really dude, how hard is it to properly credit a photo?).

I think it was on C2E years ago, championed by Ken, this idea that we shouldn't hide behind usernames that allow users of the forum to get away with whatever without consequence. I was against it then, but I see merit in it now. Obviously bringing it up in the Edmonton subforum isn't the way to change things but this culture of bullying has popped up in other sections of the forum too.

I enjoy a lot of the knowledgeable opinions and information that the members of SSP provide, but it used to be a far less toxic place. With other social media allowing me to keep up with 90% of the development news posted here, I am increasingly questioning why I keep coming back here.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:09 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.