Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka
I mean, if you guys would prefer no jobs at all....low paying or not jobs are jobs, especially for an area seeking to retain youth and immigrants.
If indeed it is some sort of call centre here's hoping it's located at least somewhere near the Uptown. Probably won't be but one can always hope.
|
I'm not against call centre jobs; I am after all from Moncton.
Some call centre jobs can be quite good, especially with the banking industry or large multinationals but
Sears!!!
I mean, Jesus Christ, this company won't exist in 4-5 years time. Everyone knows this. The company is on a ventilator in the ICU and is paying off it's medical bills by selling it's house and all it's belongings. The cupboard is bare. They've sold off most of their real estate, closed many of their stores and have even bartered away their Craftsman Tools division. They're circling the drain and as they close in on the edge of the drain the coriolis force is picking up speed. The end is in sight. The average senior manager in the company lasts about 4-6 months before leaping ship. Even the rats have already gone overboard.
If this is the best that Brian Gallant can come up with for a job creation strategy in the Port City, it's a pretty sad indictment if you ask me. Saint John should be able to do much, much, much better.
It makes me feel ashamed to call myself a New Brunswicker.
I hope there aren't too many tax dollars involved in this fiasco, but then again this is the same bunch of criminals who were responsible for the Atcon affair.
I feel so dirty - I need a shower...........