HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3461  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 3:38 PM
horrorbro123 horrorbro123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 476
Barley Brothers Is Leaving Polo Park For Downtown and Rumors Possibly Returns Of Kelsey's in Polo Park
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3462  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 3:43 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
That is great news...well BB moving downtown; Kelsey's is disgusting. The brand needs a major overhaul.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3463  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 3:56 PM
oftheMoon's Avatar
oftheMoon oftheMoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Exchanger
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbro123 View Post
Barley Brothers Is Leaving Polo Park For Downtown and Rumors Possibly Returns Of Kelsey's in Polo Park
Fantastic news? Question is where? How about the commercial space on main floor of 139 Market where the old Brick was.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3464  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 4:03 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
^ I wonder where they're going to set up shop? And although I'm happy to hear of a business moving downtown, I wonder how many more casual dining, beer n' eats type places downtown can really support... there are so many of them now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3465  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 4:03 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Great location for it. Fox & Fiddle space, or is that too small?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3466  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 4:34 PM
oftheMoon's Avatar
oftheMoon oftheMoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Exchanger
Posts: 675
I live in the Exchange and frequent a variety of restaurants on a regular basis - seems to me they are all sustaining quite well from what I can see. Some busier than others, but none are 'empty' so to speak. DT is becoming more and more a 'destination' for people looking for a night out for dinner and drinks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3467  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 4:50 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Kelsey's is disgusting. The brand needs a major overhaul.
Kelsey's got a major brand overhaul over the past year or two after shutting down in Winnipeg.

http://www.kelseys.ca/

They remind me more of a Jack Astor's or Texas Roadhouse.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3468  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 4:55 PM
vjose32 vjose32 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 671
Kelsey's was great, bring them back. I see Freshii has opened on St James or is close to it. I think they should open at Northgate in the space next to Booster Juice, can't see what else would fit there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3469  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 5:23 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
Kelsey's got a major brand overhaul over the past year or two after shutting down in Winnipeg.

http://www.kelseys.ca/

They remind me more of a Jack Astor's or Texas Roadhouse.
Has anything changed besides the logo? Their menu looks like an Applebees-calibre joint.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3470  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 7:15 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Has anything changed besides the logo? Their menu looks like an Applebees-calibre joint.
Were you expecting them to turn into a steakhouse or an Asian fusion bistro?

Their entire menu was overhauled and they remain a burger/sandwich casual dining restaurant and bar.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3471  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 3:03 PM
wags_in_the_peg's Avatar
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,858
Freshii new location is open in new strip mall in front of Pro Hockey Life, corner of St.James and St. Mathews. Boy, they are sure opening up lots of locations
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3472  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 5:52 PM
vjose32 vjose32 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 671
I wonder why they would turn Kelsey's into a Montana wannabe seeing as how they are owned by the same people and all, if I'm not mistaken.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3473  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 5:58 PM
jmt18325's Avatar
jmt18325 jmt18325 is offline
Heart of the Continent
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,286
God I hate Montanas. I'm really enjoying eating in Winnipeg more since we started to pretty much ditch the chains.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3474  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 7:19 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
^ Ha... Montana's is one of the few chains that I actually enjoy dropping into once a year or so. Good n' meaty, and kid-friendly. What's not to like?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3475  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 7:20 PM
jmt18325's Avatar
jmt18325 jmt18325 is offline
Heart of the Continent
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,286
I feel they ruin a lot of beef with sweet sauces.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3476  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 7:29 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
^ Fair enough... it certainly ain't Hy's. They do a good job helping me satisfy burger or rib cravings that I occasionally get, though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3477  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 7:46 PM
cutchemist42 cutchemist42 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 114
Yeah if I had to choose a chain, Montanas would be the one I go to.

Personally I find Barley Bros to be a little meh. I really think Freshii is meh too, but I know it caters to a certain crowd.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3478  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 8:12 PM
Tacheguy Tacheguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 897
If anybody craves Greek style ribs the way I do then run, don't walk, to Taverna Rodos out in Charleswood. so good...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3479  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 9:03 PM
jmt18325's Avatar
jmt18325 jmt18325 is offline
Heart of the Continent
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Fair enough... it certainly ain't Hy's. They do a good job helping me satisfy burger or rib cravings that I occasionally get, though.
Burgers and ribs are find there, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3480  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 9:14 PM
wags_in_the_peg's Avatar
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
. I really think Freshii is meh too, but I know it caters to a certain crowd.
yup, if you like meat like i do, Freshii is not the place for you. I think once a week, healthy wrap is ok, better option than Subway i think
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:57 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.