HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1521  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 4:45 PM
Pemgin Pemgin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 809
Those pics highlight the poor state of our roads.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1522  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 5:07 PM
jwbab jwbab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 420
That was quick! SAP has been filed today for 1105 West Peachtree.

Link: SAP-16-171
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1523  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 6:49 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
That was quick! SAP has been filed today for 1105 West Peachtree.

Link: SAP-16-171
Midtown is maturing, quickly. Would be absolutely silly if any mix of 1105 W Peachtree, No. 2 Opus, SLS, 1138, and Lennar broke ground next year, yet alone all of them. Maybe we'll luck out and see the Campanile or Colony square expansions break ground, too. I'm curious when we start hearing more from MARTA and Cousins about the Arts Center 4 tower TOD as well, although I think they mentioned it was a few years out still?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1524  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 7:15 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
1299 Northside filed for lot consolidation (industrial property north of IKEA)

569 MLK filed for demolition. I believe this is the Morris Brown building demo for the YMCA proposal. That building looks like a gem
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1525  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 8:24 PM
Hokiehaven Hokiehaven is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Midtown is maturing, quickly. Would be absolutely silly if any mix of 1105 W Peachtree, No. 2 Opus, SLS, 1138, and Lennar broke ground next year, yet alone all of them. Maybe we'll luck out and see the Campanile or Colony square expansions break ground, too. I'm curious when we start hearing more from MARTA and Cousins about the Arts Center 4 tower TOD as well, although I think they mentioned it was a few years out still?
I don't hold out a lot of hope for Campanile.

I hope Coloney Square gets started sooner than later, I think it's still a year away. UGH!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1526  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 9:20 PM
megalopolis megalopolis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Would be absolutely silly if any mix of 1105 W Peachtree, No. 2 Opus, SLS, 1138, and Lennar broke ground next year, yet alone all of them.
Yes, all of them! This is my dream/fantasy!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1527  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 9:56 PM
DWNTWN DWNTWN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Downtown Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Midtown is maturing, quickly. Would be absolutely silly if any mix of 1105 W Peachtree, No. 2 Opus, SLS, 1138, and Lennar broke ground next year, yet alone all of them. Maybe we'll luck out and see the Campanile or Colony square expansions break ground, too. I'm curious when we start hearing more from MARTA and Cousins about the Arts Center 4 tower TOD as well, although I think they mentioned it was a few years out still?
If all of them broke ground, along with the Selig proposal, the Arts Center proposal, and the MetLife property proposal, there would be a city the size of Charlotte there that wasn't there before! (A bit of an exaggeration, but wow, would that be amazing.) Let's not forget that right now there have to be 1,400 to 1,600 recently finished or u/c in Atlantic House, Apogee Midtown, 1270 Spring, and AMLI AC
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1528  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 10:03 PM
DWNTWN DWNTWN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Downtown Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 151
Post Centennial Park is looking good, and the entire southern lot still has to be built out.




Post Midtown


Apogee Midtown/AMLI AC fuzzy night time pics

Apogee is going to loom large from the connector.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1529  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 10:19 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Post Millenium is making an awesome impact on the skyline from the east. I'll have to grab a pic soon! Was hoping to wait until Alta was viewable, but that may be a bit still
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1530  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 11:59 PM
Martinman Martinman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
I don't hold out a lot of hope for Campanile.

I hope Coloney Square gets started sooner than later, I think it's still a year away. UGH!
I was going to say the same thing regarding Campanile

I'm not sure of the construction schedule but Colony Square is planning to hold it's grand opening in July 2018 on the 50th anniversary of the original ground breaking.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1531  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 5:27 AM
MdtwnATL MdtwnATL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 395
Juniper & 10th

Anybody know what's going on with the old building at 10th and Juniper? I believe it's a retirement home? It's all boarded up, and there's work being done to outside of the building.

Also, on a side note, there's now going to be an Ecco Buckhead:

http://fifthgroup.com/blog/ecco-coming-to-buckhead-in-2017/

I may very well be the only one that feels this way, but I really wish these restaurant groups would stop opening 2nd locations of the same restaurants within the city. We now have South City Kitchen Midtown / Buckhead, Bar Taco West Midtown / Inman Park, and now Ecco Midtown / Buckhead. I personally think we should let our neighborhoods keep what makes them unique, and these restaurant groups should look into new and fresh concepts when they open new places. That way visitors can venture into Atlanta's neighborhoods and not have a copy/paste experience with these very uniquely Atlanta restaurants. Just my .02.

Last edited by MdtwnATL; Dec 23, 2016 at 6:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1532  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 6:41 AM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
State Farm Perimeter - Night Shot



2 more towers that mirror the current architecture are planned to break ground Q1 2017 - for a total of an additional 1.3 Million sqft.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1533  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 3:11 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
I may very well be the only one that feels this way, but I really wish these restaurant groups would stop opening 2nd locations of the same restaurants within the city. We now have South City Kitchen Midtown / Buckhead, Bar Taco West Midtown / Inman Park, and now Ecco Midtown / Buckhead. I personally think we should let our neighborhoods keep what makes them unique, and these restaurant groups should look into new and fresh concepts when they open new places. That way visitors can venture into Atlanta's neighborhoods and not have a copy/paste experience with these very uniquely Atlanta restaurants. Just my .02.
Ecco at Lenox was announced a bit ago, but yes for the most part I agree with you. I prefer how Ford Fry opens a new concept instead of duplicates of SCK or his reataurants. Ecco also exists at the airport. I hope the best for Ecco's owners, as I love that restaurant, but admit it rubs me the wrong way with expansions within the city. As for restaurants like Barcelona and bartaco though, they are chain restaurants from the same parent company. While I'd prefer not to have a handful, they are decent quality and help compliment other local restaurants. I believe we'll see more local places pop up as our neighborhoods mature and demand better quality and more unique options. Not only for dining, but entertainment as well.

IMO, if you want to see more local places pop up, support current and upcoming local dining options instead of visiting a chain. Then frequently recommend options to those you meet, even just random people on the street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1534  
Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 7:10 PM
Hokiehaven Hokiehaven is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Anybody know what's going on with the old building at 10th and Juniper? I believe it's a retirement home? It's all boarded up, and there's work being done to outside of the building.

Also, on a side note, there's now going to be an Ecco Buckhead:

http://fifthgroup.com/blog/ecco-coming-to-buckhead-in-2017/

I may very well be the only one that feels this way, but I really wish these restaurant groups would stop opening 2nd locations of the same restaurants within the city. We now have South City Kitchen Midtown / Buckhead, Bar Taco West Midtown / Inman Park, and now Ecco Midtown / Buckhead. I personally think we should let our neighborhoods keep what makes them unique, and these restaurant groups should look into new and fresh concepts when they open new places. That way visitors can venture into Atlanta's neighborhoods and not have a copy/paste experience with these very uniquely Atlanta restaurants. Just my .02.
Yes, I was also wondering if anyone heard anything about that retirement home, it looks pretty close to abandoned from my last look at it last weekend. Prime spot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1535  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 1:30 PM
Sbgt92 Sbgt92 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 50
Is "Yoo Peachtree" the same project as "1138 Peachtree?" The locations, proportions of each look similar, but the details of the skin look different. Was wondering if it had been renamed/redesigned.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1536  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 3:13 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbgt92 View Post
Is "Yoo Peachtree" the same project as "1138 Peachtree?" The locations, proportions of each look similar, but the details of the skin look different. Was wondering if it had been renamed/redesigned.
Yes, same project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1537  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 4:41 PM
Ant131531 Ant131531 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,984
Not sure if anyone has realized it yet, but these two one story buildings next to the new student development on Edgewood Avenue have been demolished recently. I'm not sure if anything is planned there(the lot is a pretty good size now between Piedmont and the Student housing development), but it's always sad when these older buildings get demoed. You can see them in the Google maps link below.

https://goo.gl/maps/N7j7uk134ry
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1538  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 2:14 AM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1539  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 2:43 PM
AtlantaMustang's Avatar
AtlantaMustang AtlantaMustang is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 808
Went down the connector since the first time since August. New buildings making the city feel a lot different from the highway, especially Modera and NCR:



Atlantic House feels smaller than it used to now that Apogee is taking over:



And.... Amli Arts Center:



Post and Ascent were making a decent impact, and you could see Crum and Foster after the demo for the Standard, so those two will loom over the highway as well.

__________________
Shanghai to Atlanta
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1540  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 3:21 PM
briantech's Avatar
briantech briantech is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 608
NCR:


880 W Ptree


Hanover Midtown
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:12 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.