Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook
I think I had some misinformation on 2116 Chestnut. They are giving some new incentives to get people to rent, not an uncommon practice, but occupancy is high. Personally, though there is a lot of inventory, I don't feel there is a massive glut that will take years to absorb or bottom out prices. Guess we'll see.
|
Just got updated market survey this morning from 2116 Chestnut and they're 98% leased.
1919 Market is a miraculous 77% leased already.
There are really only a few buildings struggling right now, but I think it's mainly their locations.
All in all, yes there is a lot of inventory available right now, but that's because so much has finished construction and come available at once. I think by the end of next summer, most of these new units will be absorbed, and the next round of apartment buildings will probably start in the spring/summer.