HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 4:45 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Does One World Trade Center get a huge amount of visitors? When I was at the 9/11 Memorial/Museum over the summer, I walked by the base of 1WTC along the side facing the Memorial and the side facing the World financial Center, and I didn't see any sort of line for the observation deck. At the Empire State Building, on the other hand, I've seen the lines go outside of the building (fast pass FTW). I'm sure it does get a lot, as it is not only the tallest building in America, but it's also in New York and not far from the Statue of Liberty. However, if I recall, it's pretty damn expensive, even by New York standard.

The decks are all pretty much in the same category, pricewise. As for lines at the WTC, there really shouldn't be. It operates the same as 30 Rock, tickets are sold by time. There is a line to buy tickets, but nothing like the old days at the ESB. All of the decks are crowded once you get up there, so you just have to have patience. The deck at One Vanderbilt will probably have a good year or so before the tourist army learns about those views of the Chrysler and it becomes just as crowded as the others.
__________________
NEW YORK is Back!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.