Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen
DeBeers and Salvatore Ferragamo are more exclusive, I think. Prada? Others can judge. (Wish we could get a West End courtyard shopping mall with Harrod's or Printemps as the anchor).
|
Highly debateable and contentious list but fwiw
I don't know if societal disposable income has increased, or materialism, or the willingness to expose oneself to debt and credit, or I am just reaching a level of awareness of this subject that I wasn't privy to before, but I do feel an overall "accessibility" shift across all lines of luxury goods. i.e., the Coach and Michael Kors are being bought by people who used to buy Guess & lower priced mall brand bags, the LV and Gucci then being purchased by the former Coach & MK crowd, and the Chanel/Prada/other higher end bags being purchased by the former LV/Gucci crowd displeased with the masses "diluting" their former exclusivity.
Same goes for cars as leased BMWs are the new Accord while former BMW owners reach for objects of higher prestige (Jaguar? Porsche?)