Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav
I posted this but didn't get any replies (it was the dreaded last post of a page so probably didn't get seen). Any thoughts?
I wonder if AC is considering making YVR-DEL year round. I know it's a very new route and relatively untested for a non-stop, but I wonder if that's where they might assign at least part of the 787 capacity from LHR? Note, AC is also dropping it's 2nd daily Paris flight, also a 787. So there is probably some new routes (or extensions of existing seasonal routes like DEL) in the process. Unless they just plan on sticking these aircraft on something boring like YYZ-YVR haha...
On another topic, has it been discussed if YVR ever considered building a 2nd airport hotel? I'm thinking somewhere like the economy lot just west of the parkade. Keep the economy lot on ground floor and maybe add a 2nd floor, and then hotel on top? I think the Fairmont is amazing, but it's $$ and higher end. I'm thinking a more mid-market hotel with reasonable rates. It would really have a big market I'd think. It could be connected to the parkade, and even a new overheard walkway directly across to the US terminal (not necessary if there's a good connectrion to the parkade direct through to the terminal entrance/skytrain). Even YYC now has two on-site airport hotels. The airspace above the Economy lot just seems like it could get good use from something like this
|
Regarding AC YVR-DEL, I often wondered .... wouldn't it be a blast if, considering it's the shortest route from Western North America, and given the large Indian population in Vancouver ...
... Wouldn't it be a surprising blast if it didn't, unexpectedly, "get big" on them, and become a real 'in demand' route. Vancouver has the population base for it, if there's a big enough J class.
...........................
ACCOR Hotels of France has numerous chains of hotels, ranging from pricey SOFITEL, down to budget IBIS, and everything in between. They might be interested. Another hotel seems needed.