HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9401  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 2:42 PM
DenverPoke DenverPoke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 357
With the 2 cranes on Platte and the 2 on Little Raven, I believe there are now 10 total between Union Station and I-25. Add in on all the cranes in River North and other parts of town and it is a pretty phenomenal time in Denver right now!
     
     
  #9402  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:37 PM
lumos lumos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: 80202
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
With the 2 cranes on Platte and the 2 on Little Raven, I believe there are now 10 total between Union Station and I-25. Add in on all the cranes in River North and other parts of town and it is a pretty phenomenal time in Denver right now!
Three in Little Raven St, Confluence, AMLI, Holland
     
     
  #9403  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:59 PM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvmke View Post
I think we're far too busy encouraging roadway expansion and turning a blind eye toward density focused transit for this to ever be a reality for Denver, not to mention the cost. As far as I know the only North American city still considering a new subway system is Toronto (although Seattle's "transit tunnel" may be a bit more realistic for us), which is somewhat embarrassing considering the expansion that's been seen in emerging economies.

Edit: Not to mention that as automated vehicles become more prevalent over the next 4-5 years in metropolitan centers, many people are of the opinion that a there wouldn't be a reason for such a system in cities the size of Denver.
Although you conflate issues that aren't mutually exclusive I would agree with your conclusions.

BTW, there is a transportation/transit thread which you're welcome to participate in.
     
     
  #9404  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 4:04 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
With the 2 cranes on Platte and the 2 on Little Raven, I believe there are now 10 total between Union Station and I-25. Add in on all the cranes in River North and other parts of town and it is a pretty phenomenal time in Denver right now!
Here are the two on Platte:

Riverview at 1700 Platte



(Stealing your photo Ken)

     
     
  #9405  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 5:49 PM
EngiNerd's Avatar
EngiNerd EngiNerd is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 2,003
Photo I snappped of 1144 15th street the other day.

     
     
  #9406  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 6:23 PM
rds70 rds70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,811
A new rendering of Alexan Market Street:

     
     
  #9407  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 9:18 PM
DenverPoke DenverPoke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 357
^^^ An improvement for sure, the best of the Alexan cruise line fleet thus far.
     
     
  #9408  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 9:43 PM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,448
^
     
     
  #9409  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 12:14 AM
ddvmke ddvmke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
^
Seconded!
     
     
  #9410  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 2:27 AM
Sam Hill's Avatar
Sam Hill Sam Hill is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
With the 2 cranes on Platte and the 2 on Little Raven, I believe there are now 10 total between Union Station and I-25. Add in on all the cranes in River North and other parts of town and it is a pretty phenomenal time in Denver right now!
I stood at the top of the hill in Commons Park today and counted 12 cranes that can clearly be seen from that vantage point.
     
     
  #9411  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 8:46 PM
Scottk's Avatar
Scottk Scottk is offline
Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
True. But only if it's brought closer to Union Station as was originally envisioned. Wonder how feasible it is to run either under the bus terminal or under the station plaza?

Though both are unrealistic.
So wizened variations was right all along?
     
     
  #9412  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 1:27 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
I stood at the top of the hill in Commons Park today and counted 12 cranes that can clearly be seen from that vantage point.
I tallied 30 Tower Cranes between Downtown and Cherry Creek. I'll be doing a census real soon!
     
     
  #9413  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 3:43 PM
rds70 rds70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
Fence up and lots of equipment staged at Speer & Bannock. I assume this project is getting started?



http://www.denver-cityscape.com
Here are a couple of new renderings of the project:



Ignore the fact that the northbound Speer lanes are shown as two-way traffic and the fact that the building does not extend all the way to 10th Avenue:
     
     
  #9414  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 11:57 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
So wizened variations was right all along?
What? That the $1B was better than the $500M plan? I don't think that anyone ever discounted that one. Or are you referring to the 'ol codger's (I kid) conspiracy that it was all done for the monied interests in a nefarious plot against the people?
     
     
  #9415  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2016, 12:26 AM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Don't forget that the Pepsi Center was placed where it is to prevent better connections to Union Station.
     
     
  #9416  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2016, 12:55 AM
CPVLIVE's Avatar
CPVLIVE CPVLIVE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 576
^^^^^^^

Or inconvenient facts like when the city actually purchased Union Station.
     
     
  #9417  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2016, 9:21 PM
derek.berardi derek.berardi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Is there any chance somebody knows what kind of material this will be on the facade? I'm hoping it's some form of metal paneling.
     
     
  #9418  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 3:25 AM
DenverPoke DenverPoke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 357
Crane going up for Alexan at 20th and California today.
     
     
  #9419  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 4:22 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Do you feel like DenverInfill was a bit outdated from a design standpoint? So did we... So, we launched a new design! Come check it out!

http://denverinfill.com/blog/
     
     
  #9420  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 5:44 PM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Do you feel like DenverInfill was a bit outdated from a design standpoint? So did we... So, we launched a new design! Come check it out!

http://denverinfill.com/blog/
I don't like change. Please go back to the old format. Thank you.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.