Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger
—? Your post is completely over the top. You're attacking what I wrote by using an example of completely shutting down a road and then insinuating that I wouldn't know that there would be no traffic on that road? No — dude. No road no traffic. But what does that have to do with what's being discussed? Is your hatred for cars so deep that you're willing to sacrifice the economic vitality of an entire area? You clearly don't have much knowledge about business and I doubt you have anymore knowledge about transportation or planning than I do. You referring to 11th Avenue as a freeway rather clearly proves my point.
|
Just a masters degree in the subject and commensurate profession in it.
You made the audacious claim that you could apparently write a book on why no or next to no roads are overbuilt. I call it like I see it. The above qualifications allow me to generally see when someone is talking about something they know little about with regards to transportation. But anyway, in simple terms:
No road, no traffic.
Small road, small traffic
Bigger road, bigger traffic
Even bigger road, even bigger traffic
Super big road, super big traffic
Excuse my facetiousness here, but are you seeing a trend? Is there a possibility it may work in reverse? If you answered yes to these questions, then it's time to quit vociferously and unsubstantiatedly proclaim that this will cause gridlock as though this in an immutable truth. If you didn't answer yes, then it's time to study up on the matter.
But to your point about economic vitality - that is something worth discussing. It is not clear what the outcome might be, and that's a fair point. But if your contention is firmly rooted in the belief that only a street that is capable of moving a reasonably high amount of cars is conducive to economic vitality, then it's again time to study up on the matter.
Finally, I make no apologies for being brash and outspoken on these things. The subject suffers enough from everyone who knows how to operate a gas and brake pedal believing they have the solutions - they're all experts...Plus, here I get to hide behind the internet.