I have from a source that the structure is over 140M tall, so just over 460 ft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Thanks, drew... it's nice to start getting some firmer numbers. To echo kris' comments, it's nice that we're getting a new tallest building although I would have hoped for a bit more than a 10 foot spread compared to 201 Portage. Even an extra storey or two would have made a difference... oh well. At least the tower will look visibly taller than its Winnipeg Square neighbour.
|
See above... i think it will be 40+ ft taller
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
For whatever reason I think getting to 40 floors was more important to the owner. I get the feeling the actual height was inconsequential.
I guess the 40 floors is important from a marketing point of view, as nothing else gets past the 30s in Winnipeg.
|
I don't think they cared, 40 was just an easy-to-remember benchmark. If 30 was all that was possible, it would have been 30. if 45+ were possible, perhaps that's a bit more of a stretch to commit to fillin 450 units compared to 400 or so. Still, no telling how tall they ACTUALLY could have gone...
35 is perhaps more responsible from an investment standpoint, but if it performs well it's impossible to add floors later... I'm guessing that's why they went to forty and not beyond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Didn't Artis imply during the announcement that it could push the mid-40 storeys range? I guess that got my hopes up a bit for a little visual separation from the rest of the P&M pack. But still, a new tallest building after nearly 30 years (!) is nothing to scoff at.
|
They did, but that was also subject to structural findings. At that time they were confident the could do forty, but not 100%. By extension certainly not confident but not ruling out 45 stories.
I noticed some drilling and tests being done but that was after the announcement, so my guess is their 40 story estimate was confirmed doable.