HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 1:45 PM
passwordisnt123 passwordisnt123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ottawa (Centretown)
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by daud View Post
Bringing a post back from the dead...

Living in Riverside south for 6 years now, I can say a true 416-417 south corridor-connector is sorely needed. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Leitrim Road is a complete disaster. While the traffic this morning was punctuated by rain, I ended up on Ramsayville Road trying to get into work today because Lietrim was a wall of cars from the Airport to Hawthorne; Hawthorne was a wall from Louisseize northward and lord knows what was happening on Limebank, Bank and Albion themselves.

Its getting worse and worse and while I agree with the statement that "I chose to live there"; the city has a responsibility to build an infrastructure correlating with developments they approve. I'm all for intensification, I'm all for LRT, but stop approving so many developments in the south and not supporting it with appropriate road infrastructure.

Building a 4 lane road with traffic lights will only result in another Hunt Club Road-which is another south end disaster. This city needs a limited access east west road in the south end. The argument that it will encourage sprawl is mute because the sprawl is getting approved by council on a monthly basis.

And just imagine if the built a kettle island bridge and routed truck traffic onto this theoretical southern corridor. Heaven forbid we actually create a logical network of roads in this city.

End of Rant...
I hate to say it but I don't think we should be incentivising suburban sprawl and the continued depopulation of the central areas of the city. Ottawa is already known as the city that fun forgot because nobody stays downtown after hours, everybody rushes out to the suburbs post haste.

It's been said before but it bears repeating: widening roads to cure traffic is a bit like loosening your belt to cure obesity.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:59 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.