Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin
I agree, it better not be another 5 story wood framed midtown type of apartment building. We have lots of those already we don't need another one downtown. Maybe the the proposal won't get past the planning commission if it's not dense enough?
|
As long as the Kings are willing to construct quality residential projects in Downtown Sacramento, I wouldn't get picky in terms of the building height. It likely will be a proposal in the 5-6 story range. Five or six stories may not look impressive on the skyline but more importantly, it will increase pedestrian traffic in the J, K L street corridors.
I suspect that (IF) a high rise residential tower ever gets built in Sacramento, it might be David Taylor who ends up taking the first crack at developing it. But I wouldn't expect anything from Taylor (in terms of proposals) for a few more years.