This thread is on a roll, good stuff from all over.
What I find especially interesting about the photos from Saguenay is the obviously strong design consciousness that exists in such a small/mid sized and somewhat isolated city. In much of Canada that is typically a recipe for an extremely utilitarian and frankly ugly approach to design and architecture. Yet Saguenay doesn't appear fall into that trap... there are a lot of beautiful buildings and pleasant settings. It strikes me as a bit more European in that regard. given that even smaller centres there tend to take those things seriously.
I actually worked on that. My first time doing an exhibit for Nuit Blanche. Director X created concept. I'm hoping next year do my own project however.
I actually worked on that. My first time doing an exhibit for Nuit Blanche. Director X created concept. I'm hoping next year do my own project however.
Good job man, looks pretty cool. I wonder why they don't allow for more permanent artistic works around the city, seems a shame to just take them all down. I suppose maintenance costs come into play...
I actually worked on that. My first time doing an exhibit for Nuit Blanche. Director X created concept. I'm hoping next year do my own project however.
Do you know how long it took to build that piece? If that isn't a permanent piece of art what a shame.
I actually worked on that. My first time doing an exhibit for Nuit Blanche.
Congrats! That's awesome!!
_____________________
Here are a few pics of Baie-Saint-Paul, Québec, a ~7300 pop. town located on the Saint-Laurent shores, in the beautiful region of Charlevoix. The trekking pictures were taken at the Grands-Jardins provincial park.
Trinity Loop was a switchback on the Newfoundland Railway, notable for some reason (only one that didn't use a tunnel, or something, I forget). When I was a kid, it was still a busy theme park with rides and games and all of that. It's abandoned now.