Alexanders still open on Cumberland? I have been in there since I finished University in 94. Got kicked out because a mate broke a urinal in the men's room.
Alexanders still open on Cumberland? I have been in there since I finished University in 94. Got kicked out because a mate broke a urinal in the men's room.
Yup, still going strong. Always packed before Huskies football games.
And also pretty packed before Huskie B'ball games....just to give that program a plug, too! Women's team is reigning national champions and deserve a lot more support from community. Hopefully the restructuring of Huskie Athletices will do a better job of marketing the excellent sport product that exists on campus in our city! We have a good stadium, excellent gym and soon to be built arena for Huskie sports. Would be nice to see these facilities filled to capacity....
The site of a former grocery store in Saskatoon’s City Park neighbourhood is being redeveloped into a “retail and service destination,” according to a commercial real estate salesperson.
Colliers International senior salesperson Kevin Johnson said the site is set to undergo “a complete facade renovation.” It formally featured the Shop Easy Grocery store, until it went out of business last November.
‘Everything from the exterior of the building is going to be brand new,” Johnson said.
“They’re going to have new mechanical systems, new plumbing, new electrical.”
Johnson estimated that up to $500,000 could be reinvested into the building. New tenants are scheduled to take possession in January 2017.
“We are very excited about this major redevelopment and hope to provide expanded services to the neighbourhood,” Chris Wall, one of the new owners, said in a statement.
“The zoning allows us to accommodate a wide range of potential businesses such as a grocery store, medical professionals, and quick services such as hair salons and esthetics.”
Johnson said the group plans to accommodate multiple businesses at the site and there has already been interest from food vendors.
“It’s a great opportunity for a food vendor to locate there, as well as any other tenants, because there’s a very limited amount of retail in the neighbourhood,” Johnson said.
“A lot of people would walk or bike to work already being so close to downtown.”
They are not reusing the existing piers for the Victoria Bridge, they will be tearing them out and building them from scratch, they did reuse the first pier on the south side however. I can only assume why they would change.
Why they felt a need to recreate something that was utterly utilitarian and frankly ugly is beyond me. I believe it was an excuse to cheap out.
I think the new bridge should have been a signature modern bridge to help accentuate the modern look of the River landing project, I'm not as excited about building a new rusty version of a bridge we use to have in the last century
I think the new bridge should have been a signature modern bridge to help accentuate the modern look of the River landing project, I'm not as excited about building a new rusty version of a bridge we use to have in the last century
The city floats that option every time they propose a bridge, but hell will freeze over before they actually go for it.
The city floats that option every time they propose a bridge, but hell will freeze over before they actually go for it.
There's really only one good option for a signature bridge in the city & that was the Traffic/Victoria bridge. making Parkway Bridge or some other perimeter bridge as a signature bridge outside the city is essentially pointless. Oh well, maybe in the next century after this one