HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3521  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 3:04 PM
G.S MTL's Avatar
G.S MTL G.S MTL is offline
MTL♥
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,496
It's funny for summer 2016, Air Algérie announced 8 weekly YUL-ALG but many times it was 10 weekly ..having 2 daily on Mondays and Thursdays ...so clearly a busy route. I am not surprised Air Canada announces service to ALG
__________________
Montreal, Pearl of Canada.
Population: 4.6 Million
     
     
  #3522  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 3:55 PM
G.S MTL's Avatar
G.S MTL G.S MTL is offline
MTL♥
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,496
New destinations 2017 Air Canada


Toronto-Mumbai
July 1, 2017
Boeing 787-9 (mainline)
Three-weekly

Vancouver-Taipei
June 8, 2017*
Boeing 787-9 (mainline)
Daily

Montreal-Marseille
June 9, 2017
Boeing 767-300ER (Rouge)
Three-weekly

Vancouver-Nagoya
June 1, 2017
Boeing 767-300ER (Rouge)
Three-weekly**

Toronto-Berlin
June 1, 2017
Boeing 767-300ER (Rouge)
Four-weekly

Montreal-Algiers
June 26, 2017*
Boeing 767-300ER (Rouge)
Four-weekly
*Subject to government approvals.

** Increases to four weekly in August and September
__________________
Montreal, Pearl of Canada.
Population: 4.6 Million
     
     
  #3523  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 4:34 PM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,726
Good to see Air Canada putting its 789s into service on sectors that play to the aircraft's strengths.
__________________
VANCOUVER | Beautiful, Multicultural | Canada's Pacific Metropolis
     
     
  #3524  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 5:53 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,304
I'm not a big fan of seeing Rouge being used on long range intercontinental flights.

The high capacity seating pitch used by Rouge is a real pain.

I was "Rouged" on a flight from Toronto to San Diego the other year (I wasn't expecting it - they substituted Rouge on that route after I bought the ticket) and the tight quarters damned need crippled me - I couldn't move!

I will never fly Rouge again. If Rouge is the only option on the route I'm interested in, I will have to upgrade to Rouge Business Class.......
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
     
     
  #3525  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 6:32 PM
Canadian74 Canadian74 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: AB/BC
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I'm not a big fan of seeing Rouge being used on long range intercontinental flights.

The high capacity seating pitch used by Rouge is a real pain.

I was "Rouged" on a flight from Toronto to San Diego the other year (I wasn't expecting it - they substituted Rouge on that route after I bought the ticket) and the tight quarters damned need crippled me - I couldn't move!

I will never fly Rouge again. If Rouge is the only option on the route I'm interested in, I will have to upgrade to Rouge Business Class.......
Rouge 767s aren't bad. The problem is ife
     
     
  #3526  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 6:36 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
^ I've not been on Rouge, but from what I've read it sounds like the smaller Airbuses (320s?) are a world apart from the 767s used for overseas Rouge routes... the latter have seating dimensions much more in line with mainline AC aircraft.
     
     
  #3527  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 6:50 PM
nname nname is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,104
Seems like I'm the only one fine with Rouge seat... Took the YXX-YYZ flight, and have no problem with the pitch as long as I seat upright. I'm not exactly a short person.. and there's still about 2-3in between my leg and the seat in front of me.

My return flight YYZ-YVR on mainline is definitely nicer though, mostly because of the IFE. However, it would've cost almost twice as much had I purchased the ticket (it was a reward flight). Would definitely take Rouge again if they still charge under $200 one-way. My entire family think the same way too...
     
     
  #3528  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 9:43 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I have flown in and out of YHU on private aircraft to FBO. It is convenient if your heading to the south shore. There is a lot weird traffic at the airport. The military has operations there. Pratt also some 747 test aircraft based at that airport.

Out of all the "secondary" airports I think it is the most viable.
Is Bromont Airport a viable option?
__________________
Go Habs.
     
     
  #3529  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 10:31 PM
thenoflyzone thenoflyzone is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Is Bromont Airport a viable option?
Not really. Only a 5,000 ft runway.
     
     
  #3530  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 10:43 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I was "Rouged" on a flight from Toronto to San Diego the other year (I wasn't expecting it - they substituted Rouge on that route after I bought the ticket) and the tight quarters damned need crippled me - I couldn't move!

Lol, I've had the same experience with Sunquest, never again. My next trip to the Caribbean I will book a Westjet or Air Transat tour as they don't cram in extra rows of seats. Also if you get stuck flying out of a small American city hope you don't get to fly on one of Delta's tiny plans. So uncomfortable.

I'm flying to Boston Saturday to watch the Jays play and we're using Porter. I notice that porter has more flights from Montreal to other cities these days. I would recommend using it if you get a chance. That being said one of the best things about it is avoiding Peasron so the experience out of other cities might not a much bigger bonus over other airlines but I still think the service is top notch among Canadian carriers.
__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
     
     
  #3531  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 10:48 PM
jmt18325's Avatar
jmt18325 jmt18325 is offline
Heart of the Continent
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 7,286
Rouge legroom isn't all that much different than Westjet or Transat. The slim seats make up tor it from what I've found.
     
     
  #3532  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 10:13 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
BA's A380 landing on YVR as seen from our balcony. The airport is some 13 kilometers from us.







     
     
  #3533  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 10:18 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,133
'Vancouver-Nagoya
June 1, 2017
Boeing 767-300ER (Rouge)
Three-weekly**'

Excellent, love Nagoya
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3534  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 11:29 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
New Roudabout and "Cellphone waiting lot" is opening at St. John's International on Monday. It is a part of the huge expansion that's happening at the airport. The first phase of the terminal expansion is well underway now, there is also a newly opened helipad terminal building and much much more. There is also a second hotel that has been approved for the airport (located within the airport complex, there are two others that are nearby that are marketed as airport hotels).

Hopefully no one reverses through this one.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #3535  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 11:33 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,325
By the way, Klazu, just in case you weren't aware, there's a wonderful free program for removing noise from pictures without destroying the quality too much, assuming you'd want it removed.

https://ni.neatvideo.com/

e.g.:

EDIT: Removed as original picture now matches edited sample.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Oct 2, 2016 at 12:47 AM.
     
     
  #3536  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 11:50 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
By the way, Klazu, just in case you weren't aware, there's a wonderful free program for removing noise from pictures without destroying the quality too much, assuming you'd want it removed.
Pretty nice results and thanks for the tip! I will download the plugin for Photoshop.

The reason for noise in these particular photos was using my old Rebel T1i body for some extra reach with my new zoom lens. With 5D Mark III this is rarely a problem, unless shooting hand-held in low light. Another problem with these photos was that with the old body auto-focus is not possible anymore and tracking a moving object with manual focus while hand-holding a heavy lens can be a bit tricky.

Anyways, will give that plugin a try!

EDIT: Ran those photos through the plugin and looks nice, indeed.

Last edited by Klazu; Oct 2, 2016 at 12:16 AM.
     
     
  #3537  
Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 12:46 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,325
Aww, yay! I feel so useful. Looks great!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #3538  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 7:33 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,325
This is probably the biggest "Oh... 🞵🞵🞵🞵, things are bad" story from here thus far. Porter Airlines is cancelling winter flights to St. John's citing the economic downturn.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #3539  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 8:18 PM
SkahHigh's Avatar
SkahHigh SkahHigh is offline
More transit please
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,794
Waiting for YUL to publish their July and August stats like

     
     
  #3540  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 8:41 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,325
Photo via FB of the new roundabout at YYT.

__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.