Quote:
Originally Posted by dpogue
I'm honestly a bit surprised they haven't sent one over to the Evergreen extension for clearance testing. They've got trains from all the other generations on there now.
|
I'm not sure they need to run the Mk III trains for clearance testing, since they are the same dimensions (within mm's) of the Mk II trains.
And since the Mk III's are not expected to be seen in service on the Millennium line / Evergreen Extension, is this a pressing issue?
We may get a "parade of trains" of each train vintage on the revised Millennium line during the Evergreen Extension opening day, but the Mk III trains are destined for King George - Waterfront service.
Every new Mk III train will bump six Mk I cars or four Mk II cars over to the Millennium / Evergreen. The Mk III trains arriving next year will also bump more older cars over to Millennium / Evergreen (or to the spares line).