Quote:
Originally Posted by MattofSloppyVariety
I was chatting with a friend recently and I was wondering if anyone here could prove what she had told me to be true or not. She had told me that Heinz will be moving everyone in their workforce to the Chicago area and basically vacating Pittsburgh altogether. Has anyone heard anything about this?
|
I have a friend who is in upper management at Heinz (Kraft-Heinz now I guess I should say)... not a C-level position or anything, but he's pretty high up... a guy who has regular contact with the CEO. He had absolutely zero idea about the merger with Kraft until just before it was announced publicly.
He said he's gotten the question about a feared corporate move out of Pittsburgh to Chicago numerous times and he said they would probably find out in the same fashion, if that was the case... "No one knows these things except for the billionaires" and "anyone who says that's happening is just making 🞵🞵🞵🞵 up -- they have no information about that".
Not saying it won't happen (and it even might be likely considering the move would be to a much larger, globally-oriented city), but I imagine that unless your friend is one of the assorted Brazilian billionaire executives/investors of 3G or Warren Buffett in drag who has decided to casually share confidential information about a global multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded corporation, she is more than likely just spreading rumors.