HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12161  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 12:08 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
No doubt , states like Georgia , Texas and Florida are known for poaching companies from the N.E. . They are pretty shameless and bold , it's extremely competitive in regards to luring business's to relocate . What do you do ?
its funny that southern states that have such supposedly superior tax structures still make concerted efforts to lure firms from the North. One would think the flow of companies would be natural- it shows there is a lot more to consider outside of tax rates when choosing a location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12162  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 1:07 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Toll Bros. erect temporary barricades for Jewelers Row construction prep


http://www.philly.com/philly/business/real_estate/commercial/soil-boring.html?mobi=true
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12163  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 1:07 PM
Milksteak Milksteak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 534
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/real_estate/commercial/soil-boring.html

Wow they are serious about wrecking Jewelers Row...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12164  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 1:38 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/aramark-market-east-girard-estate-jll.html

Big hole in MArket East office market, but the good part is it sounds like owners will be upgrading 1101 Market to make it more attractive. I wish that would include exterior changes, but I doubt that its the cards.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12165  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 7:48 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
I think this is good news on the apt absorption front.

http://philly.curbed.com/2016/9/14/12903984/1919-market-apartments-half-leased
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12166  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 8:18 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I think this is good news on the apt absorption front.

http://philly.curbed.com/2016/9/14/12903984/1919-market-apartments-half-leased
Rents are not so bad. I guess people still don't really want to live on Market yet (and I don't blame that). I'm sure rents will go up more as the area becomes more mixed use (helped if those restaurants that are suppose to launch further east on Market come to pass). Rents at 1500 Locust are $3,500 for some 1 bedroom and some 2 bedrooms are nearly $4,500, and I bet the building and amenities are not nearly so nice as this. It's not that great. I lived there back when I rented till summer of 2012.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12167  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 9:42 PM
allovertown allovertown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/aramark-market-east-girard-estate-jll.html

Big hole in MArket East office market, but the good part is it sounds like owners will be upgrading 1101 Market to make it more attractive. I wish that would include exterior changes, but I doubt that its the cards.
Exterior changes? I wouldn't mind a tidying up, but I actually think the Aramark Building is a handsome building. Never really thought much of it but seeing all those shots of it as Market East went up really helped my appreciation of it. It's a thoughtfully designed building that really looks good. I hope the exterior doesn't change too much.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12168  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 11:16 AM
atlwarrior atlwarrior is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
its funny that southern states that have such supposedly superior tax structures still make concerted efforts to lure firms from the North. One would think the flow of companies would be natural- it shows there is a lot more to consider outside of tax rates when choosing a location.
Oh thats classy to blame the South for corporate relocations. At the end of the day its left up to that company executives to pull the trigger.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12169  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 11:52 AM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Rents are not so bad. I guess people still don't really want to live on Market yet (and I don't blame that). I'm sure rents will go up more as the area becomes more mixed use (helped if those restaurants that are suppose to launch further east on Market come to pass). Rents at 1500 Locust are $3,500 for some 1 bedroom and some 2 bedrooms are nearly $4,500, and I bet the building and amenities are not nearly so nice as this. It's not that great. I lived there back when I rented till summer of 2012.
I dont think studios starting at $1700 and 2Brs starting at $3500 qualifies as cheap rent for CC. Those are starting prices, not average prices.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12170  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 11:53 AM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Oh thats classy to blame the South for corporate relocations. At the end of the day its left up to that company executives to pull the trigger.
I didn't blame the South for anything. I was pointing out that contrary to what some claim, even cities and states with lower corporate tax rates actually put together packages and go after companies to lure them in. A few days ago someone indicated only places like Philly (or PA/NJ) resorted to such desperate tactics because of the tax climate up here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12171  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 12:25 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I dont think studios starting at $1700 and 2Brs starting at $3500 qualifies as cheap rent for CC. Those are starting prices, not average prices.
It is not cheap. I'm just not sure whether it's at the top of the market. It will be interesting to see what rents are at the Beacon when it's completed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12172  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:07 PM
Larry King Larry King is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
It is not cheap. I'm just not sure whether it's at the top of the market. It will be interesting to see what rents are at the Beacon when it's completed.
I'm surprised they're getting it, do not understand the appeal of living at 20th and market
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12173  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 2:29 PM
Milksteak Milksteak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 534
http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/201..._a_welcome_addition_to_Jewelers_Row.html

A differing opinion in regards to the Toll bros. Jewelers Row drama...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12174  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 3:15 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
I'm surprised they're getting it, do not understand the appeal of living at 20th and market
Me neither entirely. But it is great amenities and views and rent does currently seem somewhat discounted based on location. Plus only a block from blocks of Chestnut that continue to improve. Also close to the Sterling's misconduct and the Logan, eventual CITC and in close proximity to work work many people. The appeal of the area will continue to grow.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12175  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 3:18 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/201..._a_welcome_addition_to_Jewelers_Row.html

A differing opinion in regards to the Toll bros. Jewelers Row drama...
As someone pointed out, authored by a BUILDING owner (not a business owner) who is selling to Toll at huge profit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12176  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 3:23 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/201..._a_welcome_addition_to_Jewelers_Row.html

A differing opinion in regards to the Toll bros. Jewelers Row drama...
Funniest thing I've read today! I actually thought it was written by someone from Toll Brothers until I read the name at the bottom of the article!
__________________
No one outsmarts a Fox!

Temple University '18 ']['
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12177  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 3:39 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Me neither entirely. But it is great amenities and views and rent does currently seem somewhat discounted based on location. Plus only a block from blocks of Chestnut that continue to improve. Also close to the Sterling's misconduct and the Logan, eventual CITC and in close proximity to work work many people. The appeal of the area will continue to grow.
You mean other than a 5 minute walk to Rittenhouse Square or 50% of the city's offices?

Not to mention few minute walks to both 30th street and Suburban Stations, River trail access, plus the Parkway, Logan Circle, Sister Cities. Within 2 blocks there's a trader joes, a wine store, and a CVS - which, for my family, would account for about 96% of our daily needs - plus dozens of restaurants, pubs and coffee shops all within a few blocks.

Other than that, terrible location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12178  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 4:04 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Me neither entirely. But it is great amenities and views and rent does currently seem somewhat discounted based on location. Plus only a block from blocks of Chestnut that continue to improve. Also close to the Sterling's misconduct and the Logan, eventual CITC and in close proximity to work work many people. The appeal of the area will continue to grow.
yeah, the appeal is you are a 5 min walk from all the major office buildings on west market. It's pretty clear to me. Imagine a 10 min commute from an amenities rich building. You are also walking distance from 30th street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12179  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 4:04 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
You mean other than a 5 minute walk to Rittenhouse Square or 50% of the city's offices?

Not to mention few minute walks to both 30th street and Suburban Stations, River trail access, plus the Parkway, Logan Circle, Sister Cities. Within 2 blocks there's a trader joes, a wine store, and a CVS - which, for my family, would account for about 96% of our daily needs - plus dozens of restaurants, pubs and coffee shops all within a few blocks.

Other than that, terrible location.
I'm talking about the character of the block itself. The proximity is good as I already said.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12180  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 4:06 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I'm talking about the character of the block itself. The proximity is good as I already said.
if someone lives on the 20th floor does it really matter? Im not sure how much of the character of the block you feel from an elevated position. It's definitely not a cozy residential area with quiet tree lined streets but there are already units at 2040 market, 2121 market and the Murano condos nearby.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:56 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.