HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2321  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 12:52 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
As I was flying around the downtown area this afternoon, I noticed today, on a Sunday, they were still hauling out dirt from this Sobeys expansion. They're actually dumping the dirt between VIA Rail & Shoppers.

So if this project is really canned, why are they still moving out dirt?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2322  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 12:56 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Tannery Village Development on the go. Looks like the crane is piling for the new GoodLife location.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2323  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 12:57 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Top view of what's going on at 1234 Main st.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2324  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 1:00 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Jones Lake culvert work. Looks like they're going to be there a while!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2325  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 1:02 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Dolma project on St George street.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2326  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 1:04 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Zios project at Church & Mt Rd.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2327  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 1:57 AM
KnoxfordGuy's Avatar
KnoxfordGuy KnoxfordGuy is offline
New Brunswick booster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,241
Great updates!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2328  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 2:01 AM
pierremoncton pierremoncton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 534


Awesome pictures. I move to nominate you as the board's official photographer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2329  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 3:22 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,312
Indeed - spectacular photos!!

I presume you have a new drone?
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2330  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 11:16 AM
Mattyyy Mattyyy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
As I was flying around the downtown area this afternoon, I noticed today, on a Sunday, they were still hauling out dirt from this Sobeys expansion. They're actually dumping the dirt between VIA Rail & Shoppers.

So if this project is really canned, why are they still moving out dirt?

Great question! If I had my guess I would say that's because the project actually isn't cancelled. It seems crazy to cancel at this point.

And great photos by the way! Now we all expect weekly updates!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2331  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2016, 10:23 PM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Awesome pics Budyser!

Will add a great level of detail to these pages with a drone operator on the team
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2332  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 2:22 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Indeed - spectacular photos!!

I presume you have a new drone?

Thanks and yes sir, Phantom 4.

I'll try and tackle Dieppe this weekend.

I've been photographing on two legs for about 30 years. I figured it was time for me to take it to the sky!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2333  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 2:41 AM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Top view of what's going on at 1234 Main st.

Great pictures!

I was wondering what is afoot for the 1222 Main St building. After some quick research it appears that the last tenants had moved to 1234 Main St (T4G, Numeris and First Canadian Title). Are they about to tear it down or to redevelop it?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2334  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 3:17 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,312


I presume redevelop it, but with Empire's (and hence Crombie's) current pecuniary distress, you never know.......

I would be quite upset if they tore it down. If you look at the way the plaza out front is being redesigned (as demonstrated in Budyser's air force photography), it would appear that they are leaving a connection open to the main entrance into 1222 Main, so I'm hopeful that there is no imminent death sentence........

Perhaps BMM Test Labs will come in and take over the whole building!

It would be fantastic if they did.........
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2335  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 10:52 AM
Scarface Scarface is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,514
JOJO Restasurant to open on Main street in Downtown Moncton. From the photo it looks lie it will be in the Subway Block.

7 Million Dollars Reconstruction project on Notre-Dame de Lassomption on St George Street is to start.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2336  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 2:40 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
JOJO Restasurant to open on Main street in Downtown Moncton. From the photo it looks lie it will be in the Subway Block.
Something about this in the T&T today too.

Yes, JoJo's is going into the old Magic Nails location in the Subway Block. Apparently it will be "fast food" Chinese. The owner is an immigrant from Shanghai.

Also, the signage has gone up for the new Tandem Family Law office in the old ING Building next door. It appears that the internal renovations were pretty extensive.

The Subway Block is starting to come back! Between these two businesses, and with the job search firm next door, the block will now be about 50% occupied. Downtown Main Street is looking about as healthy as I can remember.

Now, if only we could do something about the panhandlers.........
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2337  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 4:46 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
7 Million Dollars Reconstruction project on Notre-Dame de Lassomption on St George Street is to start.
And this is good news too. Assomption Cathedral is one of the three Gothic pillars of the downtown core and saving this edifice was very important to accomplish. This, and the reconstruction of Dolma Foods just up the street are very important votes of confidence in St George Street.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2338  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 7:45 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Dare I say that the spinoff a of a new arena are starting to slowly pay off? Or does that bother people hahaha
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2339  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 9:26 PM
Scarface Scarface is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
And this is good news too. Assomption Cathedral is one of the three Gothic pillars of the downtown core and saving this edifice was very important to accomplish. This, and the reconstruction of Dolma Foods just up the street are very important votes of confidence in St George Street.
In the paper it say's that the Cathedral is an Acadian Church, and today I was talking to someone, and they said the final Decision was practically made on August 15. Not sure if it's true, or not but seems pretty fitting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2340  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 3:52 AM
BlackYear's Avatar
BlackYear BlackYear is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Dare I say that the spinoff a of a new arena are starting to slowly pay off? Or does that bother people hahaha
LOL!

Looks like I'm going to be very busy with my drone. Not even sure if I'm going to be able to keep up!

At least I won't have to worry about updating anything in Riverview!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:54 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.