Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote
These are winnipegers. And they will Always find a reason to —. Just look at TNS. Mad at Chipman for spending his own money. These people are never happy.
|
This was ALWAYS the typical playbook manoever, for anyone who supported the Human Rights Museum.
"Whoever is opposed to the CMHR must be a NIMBY who stands in the way of the progress of this city..."
Yet, the CMHR turned out exactly as I had predicted in 2009. Architecturally, it looks fantastic. It really adds to the skyline of the city. However, nobody can rationally justify spending nearly $500 million in public funding on a Museum that has been more divisive, rather than to unite people.
I completely support True North, since the Jets are part of the identity of this city, put Winnipeg on the map, more than perhaps anything else, and provide entertainment for it's citizens. Ditto with rapid transit, although I wish they would have spend more public money, and done the initial route correctly.
I think the people that support the Museum tend to marvel at it's appearance, and ignore the fact that the content of the museum is hollow, does not necessarily achieve it's purpose, and leaves much to be desired. Ironically, they have always written off people being critical of their precious Museum, as "anti-Semitic" and "negative about everything."