HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2381  
Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 7:50 PM
hughfb3 hughfb3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 912
5-OH is definitely demolishing that parking lot. I was at Mrs Fish last night and I usually park in the lot. It's now gone. Tractors are on site and the Subway terminal building's shed and second level parking deck has already been demolished. This is definitely moving forward
     
     
  #2382  
Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 8:15 PM
dktshb's Avatar
dktshb dktshb is offline
Environmental Sabotage
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco/ Los Angeles/ Tahoe
Posts: 5,145
Great news that the Park Fifth tower is going up simultaneously with the 7-storey! It will definitely be a world of change in that area once this project is complete.
     
     
  #2383  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 5:25 AM
LA/OCman's Avatar
LA/OCman LA/OCman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 374
Equinox announces more information about their foray into hotel expansion. They mention the Los Angeles hotel becoming their second location (Previously announced to be part of the Grand Avenue project) opening in 2020.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/equinox-hire...ive-as-ceo-of-new-hotel-brand-1471036190
     
     
  #2384  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 9:39 AM
cesar90 cesar90 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 433
4K - Ciclavia 2016

• Video Link
     
     
  #2385  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:25 PM
blackcat23's Avatar
blackcat23 blackcat23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,445
     
     
  #2386  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:29 PM
Parking Podiums Parking Podiums is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Park
Posts: 16
     
     
  #2387  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:36 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,289
Great shots, Parking Podiums! And welcome to the forum! That's a perfect intro.
     
     
  #2388  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 5:18 PM
Parking Podiums Parking Podiums is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Park
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Great shots, Parking Podiums! And welcome to the forum! That's a perfect intro.
Thank you! Nicest welcome ever on a forum!
     
     
  #2389  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 7:12 PM
Mojeda101's Avatar
Mojeda101 Mojeda101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Posts: 1,474
I won't lie I thought you were Hunter when you posted those. It took a second because the style and watermarks were so similar, lol.
     
     
  #2390  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 7:50 PM
blackcat23's Avatar
blackcat23 blackcat23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,445
     
     
  #2391  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 9:10 PM
Eightball's Avatar
Eightball Eightball is offline
life is good
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: all over
Posts: 2,301
730AM this morning 4th & Broadway

4th and Broadway #dtla demolition starts this AM by robb, on Flickr

Last edited by Eightball; Aug 15, 2016 at 10:15 PM.
     
     
  #2392  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 10:15 PM
King Kill 'em King Kill 'em is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
On my cell but demo started this AM at 4th and Broadway https://flic.kr/p/L39cKf
How long has that mural in the background been there?
     
     
  #2393  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 10:40 PM
Parking Podiums Parking Podiums is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Park
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
I won't lie I thought you were Hunter when you posted those. It took a second because the style and watermarks were so similar, lol.
Honored to be confused with Hunter, ha. His watermark is much cleaner though... I'm not the best with logos.
     
     
  #2394  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 11:11 PM
black_crow's Avatar
black_crow black_crow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parking Podiums View Post
Honored to be confused with Hunter, ha. His watermark is much cleaner though... I'm not the best with logos.
They are looking like drone shots so they have kinda the same style.

I never liked watermarks in the middle of a picture, but still... the pictures are great.
Wished people like Cesar or Mojeda would have a drone too.
     
     
  #2395  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 11:15 PM
Parking Podiums Parking Podiums is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Park
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
I never liked watermarks in the middle of a picture, but still... the pictures are great.
I agree. Unfortunately, I've been burned a couple of times before so I've decided to make sure It doesn't happen again... watermark in the middle helps.
     
     
  #2396  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 11:18 PM
black_crow's Avatar
black_crow black_crow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parking Podiums View Post
I agree. Unfortunately, I've been burned a couple of times before so I've decided to make sure It doesn't happen again... watermark in the middle helps.
Absolutely.

I hope we see more of your pictures here.
     
     
  #2397  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 3:50 AM
black_crow's Avatar
black_crow black_crow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 569
Metropolis is working the third week on the same level of the big tower.
I noticed that this lever is different in the way they prepared & installed the floor.

Up to this point is was one level every week.
     
     
  #2398  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 4:13 AM
cesar90 cesar90 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 433

Last edited by cesar90; Aug 16, 2016 at 5:16 AM.
     
     
  #2399  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 4:47 AM
King Kill 'em King Kill 'em is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
Metropolis is working the third week on the same level of the big tower.
I noticed that this lever is different in the way they prepared & installed the floor.

Up to this point is was one level every week.
Tower 3 is moving fast though at least.
     
     
  #2400  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 5:51 AM
jgacis jgacis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar90 View Post
Almost like looking at the cranes in SimCity but in real life…
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:51 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.