I may have asked this before, but under what circumstances could the hydro towers be replaced? It just seems like there's so much land being wasted for them.
Instead of building all this hardscaping, asphalt surface parking, they could turn it into a leafy linear park. Something like
like this or
this.
Otherwise, as sad as I would be to see Trailhead go, the proposal is actually really nice. Rental apartments right beside a transit station and within walking distance to two grocery stores. Retail (well, 2 spots) and offices. I think the various proposals along McCrae have the potential to make it a half decent street,
unlike now.
Second question: because this building is rental only, how quickly would this building be built? Normally, condos require 60-80% to be sold, but if rental apartments only need a company to look after them, could this building start construction almost as soon as it is (hopefully) approved by Council? Or would we be looking at a very long wait?