Quote:
Originally Posted by planarchy
|
I might be misremembering this but I think the empty lot is going to be built up in two phases, with ~200 units in total. So this would only be the first half, I guess at the northern end of the lot.
It looks like they will be adding a large amount of commercial space on the ground level. I bet it will be hard to fill all of these spaces along Gottingen in the short run, but that they will be better for the street in the long run. I doubt ground-floor residential would be very desirable anyway.
The street's been slowly changing but I have a feeling this site plus HTNS is going to be a kind of inflection point. In 5-10 years it would be great if Barrington attracted some bigger stores and the local mom and pop places thrived along the length of Gottingen.