HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6361  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2016, 2:41 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265
Just noticed it has a parkade built into the base of it. Are there two towers on top or one smushed lump of poo?
     
     
  #6362  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2016, 3:55 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,695
it is the prototypical 2010s answer to POMO. Most of the new stuff (including many houses) in London look like this, particularly student residences at UWO.
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell). Sweet Loretta fart thought she was a cleaner, but she was a frying pan. (John Lennon)
     
     
  #6363  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 5:04 PM
matthew6 matthew6 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post


What's ugly about this?
     
     
  #6364  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 5:32 PM
J_Murphy's Avatar
J_Murphy J_Murphy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Also saw TWO separate lifted trucks recently with "Silly Boys, Trucks are for GIRLS!"

We need to cut our ties with the oil patch before even camo wedding dresses show up here.
I recently saw a vehicle with that sticker, along with a "Dog Dad" sticker. I was very confused.

On another note "Dog Grandma" stickers are the dumbest things ever. Does the world really need to know that your child has a pet?
     
     
  #6365  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 6:07 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
I recently saw a vehicle with that sticker, along with a "Dog Dad" sticker. I was very confused.

On another note "Dog Grandma" stickers are the dumbest things ever. Does the world really need to know that your child has a pet?
I agree it's ridiculous, but on the other hand it's been obvious for a while that pets are standing in for real human children for some people.
__________________
Gone... but never forgotten.
     
     
  #6366  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 11:21 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew6 View Post
What's ugly about this?
Flags instead of curtains. It was mostly a response to two flags on a truck... here every other house has flags, so that level of nationalism - which is at least 50%+1 Canadian flags, so it's not a personal interest - is very, very normal here. Flags are how you indicate your politics, and a significant percentage of the population wants to do that. I have four tricolour flags as in my signature throughout my apartment. And that's pretty toned down compared to how some people get. I'll have five once I get the pole installed once I replace the little thing over my front entrance.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #6367  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 11:25 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I agree it's ridiculous, but on the other hand it's been obvious for a while that pets are standing in for real human children for some people.
Ever since "Baby on Board" became a thing, there is no limit to stupid decals on automobiles.
     
     
  #6368  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 11:46 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Ever since "Baby on Board" became a thing, there is no limit to stupid decals on automobiles.
I swear I will never have stick family decals on my car when I have kids.
     
     
  #6369  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 12:46 AM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
I swear I will never have stick family decals on my car when I have kids.
That is to your great credit! Actually, I recall seeing a picture of one of those stick figure families that I actually thought was funny/clever. In the place of "Mom", there was an arrow pointing to the gap and a bubble that said "Position vacant. Apply to driver."
     
     
  #6370  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 2:50 AM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
In Thunder Bay, we don't stoop as low as using flags as curtains.

We use blankets, instead!

Seriously though curtains are one of those things where, like, they're cheap, so why do so few people have them? Blankets cost just as much as curtains but take more effort to attach to a wall????
     
     
  #6371  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 12:42 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,695
And how about those ugly wall drapes (tapestries??) and quilts that you see sold at summer festivals? With Al Pacino wielding a machine 🞵🞵🞵 ("Say Hello to my Little Friend!!"), Sons of Anarchy, and other dreck.



Migs'closet.com

what the hell does a skeleton need a 🞵🞵🞵 for?
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell). Sweet Loretta fart thought she was a cleaner, but she was a frying pan. (John Lennon)
     
     
  #6372  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 2:39 PM
flipv's Avatar
flipv flipv is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 727
Hahaha flags/blankets for curtains is my favourite contradiction - or in many cases - no window dressings at all.

However, you do see a 60+" HDTV through the wide open window.. Priorities! (NB: As a student I had no curtains in my place, but why spend money for the 8 month stint on something that is customized to the place?)
     
     
  #6373  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 2:45 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
In related news, the Montreal borough of Ville St-Laurent is calling for a Quebec-wide policy on architecture that will put an end to the ugliness! We'd be the first place in North America with such a policy, I'd say.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/Montr...-de-sousa-ordre-architectes-quebec.shtml
__________________
Gone... but never forgotten.
     
     
  #6374  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 2:57 PM
Franco401 Franco401 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 1,242
Scarface isn't even a good movie...
     
     
  #6375  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 4:58 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
In related news, the Montreal borough of Ville St-Laurent is calling for a Quebec-wide policy on architecture that will put an end to the ugliness! We'd be the first place in North America with such a policy, I'd say.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/Montr...-de-sousa-ordre-architectes-quebec.shtml
Laval's reaction to Ville St. Laurent's architecture policy:

     
     
  #6376  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 4:59 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
And how about those ugly wall drapes (tapestries??) and quilts that you see sold at summer festivals? With Al Pacino wielding a machine 🞵🞵🞵 ("Say Hello to my Little Friend!!"), Sons of Anarchy, and other dreck.



Migs'closet.com

what the hell does a skeleton need a 🞵🞵🞵 for?
Every time I see this type of white trash 🞵🞵🞵🞵 for sale it's on the side of a road from a 70's 🞵🞵🞵🞵 van.
     
     
  #6377  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 5:06 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Laval's reaction to Ville St. Laurent's architecture policy:

heheheh!!
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell). Sweet Loretta fart thought she was a cleaner, but she was a frying pan. (John Lennon)
     
     
  #6378  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2016, 5:17 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
Scarface isn't even a good movie...
It's what fuels the dreams and aspirations of people who build stuff like this:


Last edited by O-tacular; Jul 12, 2016 at 7:39 PM.
     
     
  #6379  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 1:35 AM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
I would be embarrassed if that were my home.
     
     
  #6380  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 4:06 AM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265


This is a section of Calgary's lovely Macleod Trail. The sidewalk just ends. It's been this way my entire life. This is in front of a Toys 'R Us. Worth mentioning that there is sidewalk on either side of that lot. Just not in front of Toys 'R Us. Somehow the city is fine with this.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:28 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.