HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #11421  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 7:44 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
It will probably end up out near the transcanada highway
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11422  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 7:55 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
It will probably end up out near the transcanada highway
It will be downtown, and will likely be built next to the Palais de Justice on Assomption.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11423  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:01 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It will be downtown, and will likely be built next to the Palais de Justice on Assomption.
Haha oh I know! I just figured I would make the joke right away. So I only kid! I cannot wait to see designs, hopefully it will be a stunning building
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11424  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:05 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Haha oh I know! I just figured I would make the joke right away. So I only kid! I cannot wait to see designs, hopefully it will be a stunning building
I heard the developers of royal oaks offered the RCMP land next to Moncton High and the Mounties told them to stick it
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11425  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:32 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I heard the developers of royal oaks offered the RCMP land next to Moncton High and the Mounties told them to stick it
I really hope you are kidding! I have been trying to find some renders or new rcmp offices/ detachments across Canada and the only one I can find is the new one built in Surrey, BC. Which is a nice building but very large and I don't know if Moncton would need one that big.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11426  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 8:56 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,327
Moncton and Surrey are the two largest municipal RCMP detachments in the country, so you never know.....
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11427  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 9:16 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Well the Surrey pictures show it in a huge open field like area (it may be a training facility)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11428  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 9:52 PM
theshark's Avatar
theshark theshark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern N.-B.
Posts: 1,148
The new rcmp building in Surrey is the e div hq(BC) which explain the size of the building. They do not use it as a regular detachment, surrey operates from different neighbourhood detachments around the city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11429  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 10:04 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I really hope you are kidding! I have been trying to find some renders or new rcmp offices/ detachments across Canada and the only one I can find is the new one built in Surrey, BC. Which is a nice building but very large and I don't know if Moncton would need one that big.
I most certainly was kidding. They'll likely build it on assumption as was previously mentioned.
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11430  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 10:23 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
The new rcmp building in Surrey is the e div hq(BC) which explain the size of the building. They do not use it as a regular detachment, surrey operates from different neighbourhood detachments around the city.
That's what I thought, it was the only picture I could find, there doesn't seem to be any photos of large ramp detachments, if someone found one I would love to see it, hopefully we will see something in the next 6 months (renders etc.)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11431  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 12:12 AM
theshark's Avatar
theshark theshark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern N.-B.
Posts: 1,148
Google rcmp detachment pictures, it will give you an idea of recent completed detachments, upcoming projects and so on, some of them are really nice buildings
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11432  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 12:25 AM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Google rcmp detachment pictures, it will give you an idea of recent completed detachments, upcoming projects and so on, some of them are really nice buildings
Thanks will do! I don't know why I didn't think of that

Also it'd it's built by the court house should it have some similarities? What do people think it should look like?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11433  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 5:37 PM
L'homard L'homard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,055
Ideally, the Mounties wanted to build next to the court with a tunnel connecting the two for ease of getting prisoners to the courthouse.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11434  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 8:12 PM
Walk then Run's Avatar
Walk then Run Walk then Run is offline
Spem Reduxit
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Also it'd it's built by the court house should it have some similarities? What do people think it should look like?
I think it should contrast the court house, but of course still fit in. This would provide a diverse look and feel.
__________________
It all starts with an idea...think about it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11435  
Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 1:35 PM
tmacdougall tmacdougall is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 247
Trampoline Park coming to Moncton.

http://www.skyzone.com/moncton

The ER department is ready at Moncton Hospital & the Dumont. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/trampoline-park-precautions-injuries-1.3487278

Can't find the location yet?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11436  
Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 7:13 PM
SirReal SirReal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Trampoline Park coming to Moncton.

http://www.skyzone.com/moncton

The ER department is ready at Moncton Hospital & the Dumont. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/trampoline-park-precautions-injuries-1.3487278

Can't find the location yet?
Their Facebook page says 40 Champlain St., Dieppe.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11437  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 3:10 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
I was thinking thinking of how many cranes we will have in Moncton this summer. There is already one at the Dumont, there will be one at the new apartment complex in dieppe, 2 at the events centre, likely one at the holiday inn on the TCH. Can anybody think of ones in missing? That's the most in metro Moncton in a long time though!
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11438  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 4:36 PM
Mattyyy Mattyyy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I was thinking thinking of how many cranes we will have in Moncton this summer. There is already one at the Dumont, there will be one at the new apartment complex in dieppe, 2 at the events centre, likely one at the holiday inn on the TCH. Can anybody think of ones in missing? That's the most in metro Moncton in a long time though!
Five Five Queen..??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11439  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 6:56 PM
Monctoncore Monctoncore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I was thinking thinking of how many cranes we will have in Moncton this summer. There is already one at the Dumont, there will be one at the new apartment complex in dieppe, 2 at the events centre, likely one at the holiday inn on the TCH. Can anybody think of ones in missing? That's the most in metro Moncton in a long time though!
The new hotel in dieppe going up
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11440  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2016, 2:38 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
So that's 7 cranes, when was the last time there was that many in one summer? Probably been at least 10-15 years?
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.